Proposed rule changes....61-30-101

Steve and Eric, thanks.

By the way, is this the webpage you are talking about…

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/homein/index.html

This is the only section under maintenance? :smiley:

Home Inspector DRAFT Rules (link temporarily removed due to maintenance)

List of comments / recommendations (link temporarily removed due to maintenance)

Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to Executive Director Richard Morrison at richard.morrison@myfloridalicense.com.

Here is one for ya too

https://www.flrules.org/Gateway/View_Notice.asp?ID=12901017

Yes, I guess they don’t have as good of a webmaster as some of us!
Patience rewards those that wait…

I spent this evening listening to these audio recordings. Miss Rachel from the ACICP has quite a bit to say during these, and up until this evening, I had never even heard of the ACICP before. From their website, they have the same address as the Contractors Institute, so went there. She, appears to be Rachel Boyko, who is an executive assistant only for the Contractors Instutute, and also on the phone was Rhonda Koning, so essentially you had 2 folks from one place being represented. Interesting how an executive assistant who is versed in the role of talking on the phone and making copies/coffee appears to be having so much input into shaping our industry.

The one entity that wants to bury us and they did quiet a good job so far is Robert J Koning and his company and crew.

Watch he will want to be the company that provides the testing. I heard him hinting around to that and will probably want a declatory statement.

ALL division one contractors can perform home inspections and mold testing and remediation as long as they dont say they are mold remediators or mold assesors or Home Inspectors…but it all falls within the scope of their license…

So technically an electrician can do mold test and remdiation…

Any Division I contractor

BTW, they can perform work on homes they inspect…know why? They don’t call it a HOME INSPECTION, they can call it a house evalaution and they do not have to follow the same SOP and standards as we do…

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/cilb/documents/ds_2012-010.pdf

Here are the statements in the official format

PLEASE READ THEM…they are also eye opening…

Did you read those statements yourself? Division 1 contractors addressed in the documents are CGC, CBC, and CRC, nothing else. Electricians, plumbers, roofers, and HVAC contractors are Division 2 contractors, which are not included. Division 1 contractors have been doing this type of work since the beginning…why shouldn’t that fact be clarified in a declatory statement.

"I THINK CGC is the only ones that they are referring to. I am not sure as I am one so it does not matter to me.

Believe it or not I am just trying to help by telling you that. Take it however you like.

STOP trying to control what others do and fight for you own rights. Holding others back only makes you all look like whining little kids.

Maybe they would not be coming at you all as hard as you all are saying they are if you all did not go at them like you all have since the start of all this.

I do not know what they are allegedly trying to do because I do not try to tell anyone how to run their business so I stay out of it. Those who are all for trying to standardize everything are going to get it right in the rear because you ask and begged the State to tell you how to run your business and tried to use the license and SOP as a way of holding others back.

Good luck to those of you who are not jerks as long as you do not try to screw me over and stop me from doing what I am already legally allowed to do. I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry your correct, I skimmed over them. Reading alot about this stuff. Sorry and you are correct…

But with that menatiality then why are there muncipal inspectors?

General Contractors have been performing mold tests and doing proper mold remediation since the beginning? That is really a stand, a legitimate one? I personally think more houses are infested with mold due to an IMPROPER remediation than if it were left alone!

Have you read IICRC S500 IICRC S520, more inportantly, have they? Do they have the proper insurance for mold?

How about I give 100 Division one contractors an air quality machine and have them take a sample. How many do you think can do it properly?

I would say less than 5% and thats JUST taking the sample…not interpreting it, writing a protocol, following the protocol then performing the clearance test. Talk about grading your own term paper!

I agree on that one. Most are not really doing full blown mold remediations, but rather water intrusion repairs which require the remediation, and do not follow the S520. I think the recent mold licensing got most on board with doing things correctly, including myself.

I guess they could hold themselves out as ‘home evaluators’ but what weight will that carry?

I’m more concerned with the fact this hearing was held and not one person from InterNACHI, me included, knew it was going on. Mr. Rowan and that gentlemen from FABI were the only two who appeared to be representing inspectors as a whole.

But the reasoning is stupid, because we have been doing it all along.

I am good friends with an 86 year old doctor, he froze stomachs to alleviate alcers, and delievered babies. Why? Because that is what they did back then.

As times change and tachnology is better and people know more than more and more specialties sprang from them.

The same with mold. A ton more information is now present. A ton more standards have been written, and due to the sensitivity of the situation, certain steps and procedures have to be followed PROPERLY.

To me the entire purpose of a mold assessor being seperate from a mold remediator was to keep them honest. One tests and one cleans…no financial bias. The intended purpose gets thrown out the window when a guy can test, clean, fix and retest his own stuff…ruins the intent of the mold laws.

I have talked with John, Preston and Jay and every single one of them says inherantly a contractor does not know how to perform a home inspection without additional training. They might make better inspectors, (please dont argue here), but without additional training they are not prepared to evaluate a house for the purpose of unbiased information.

Glen we need to look within for that information. We cannot blame anyone but ourselves and our ignorance ME INCLUDED. But lets not play the blame game, let look at the future and see how we can shape it. The past is the past. I also assumed…yes *** U ME d…that it was taken care of. But it definetely was not. Thank God those two guys were there…holy crap!

We made our mistakes and taking step to combat it and never let it happen again…thats all we can do. Well…maybe a little more but lets wait to see how some things play out this week.

http://www.contractorsinstitute.com/ourstaff.html

Robert J. Koning - Director / Instructor / Student Support
R.J. Koning holds many state contractor certifications and has acquired a genuine working knowledge of all aspects of the construction industry. He began teaching exam prep to contractors in 1986 and since 1994, when continuing education became mandatory for license renewal he has personally instructed more than 375 seminars throughout the state. In doing so, he has personally worked with more than 30,000 contractors in fulfilling their continuing education requirements.

Rhonda Koning - Director / Manager / Student Support
As a certified building and roofing contractor with an educational background in business, Rhonda has the field knowledge and education that gives her the edge in understanding the practical business needs of the industry. Her key role is that of managing director for the school, library and business services and she instructs classroom and internet courses. Rhonda works hard to ensure that the Contractors Institute maintains its position as the leading provider of industry related business and educational services

Rachel Boyko - Executive Assistant
As Executive Assistant, Rachel has a key role assisting in the day-to-day administration of the school. She works hard to build and maintain positive relationships with our students and institute personnel, as well as, federal, state, and local officials.

Wow. Shocking. Doesn’t this organization peddle home inspector training and make money off the backs of unsuspecting would be home inspectors? Seems kinda like biting one of the hands that feed you.

It may explain why they want everything stripped away then they won’t have to teach so much!

I see by the calender, that today is Tuesday.
No update as of yet…

That is a good school.
I did my CRC contractor exam prep with them.
I would think the more thay had to teach the more they would charge.