Pulled the trigger!

I thought you used to teach and inspect in Texas? If so you should be aware of the TREC list of approved education providers which has been on their site ever since I was licensed many, many moons ago. The school is listed right on that page.

https://www.trec.texas.gov/education/qualifying-education-providers

This place is funny for sure. Training is going well and already have 3 inspections done. I’m really liking this career change!

Are those 3 TREC required and supervised ride alongs?

It’s a real fun career to be in! Some helpful tips for you.

• If these are the training ride alongs of actual inspections get a copy of the final report. Check the accuracy of all of it not only what was found and reported but also the construction of the report and placement of items. Doing this will help tremendously to learn even more since you will expose yourself to more information.
  • Take a pocket camera with you. If see a suspected issue that the trainer passes up take a pic, notes if needed, and then you check it out. Again you’ll expose yourself to lots of important information that way. If you find it should be reported let your trainer know as maybe they just missed it for some legitimate reason.
  • Buy yourself a copy of the most recent and full International Residential Code. Read through it and think how it might apply to inspections. Again you’ll find out how much more you’ll learn. BTW construction techniques are not created from the building codes. Instead the building codes are a result of good and safe construction techniques. IF you read the codes you will see how many times they are actually covertly referred to for proper inspecting.

He can join INachi anytime…

You made a great career choice. It is a trade that is always needed, can’t be computerized, and gets better the longer you do it. Have fun with it too, because it is an interesting job every day

“What in Gods name happened here! This is worse than Neighborhood facebook groups with stay at home mommies arguing whose kid is more autistic!”
:lol:

It must suck to be you.

not sure yet since I’m still trying to figure out what all the paperwork is. The ride alongs were along with the school with a few other classmates so I’m assuming they are credited but of course I will check with the instructor to confirm