Pumping 8000 S.F. Concrete Over Radiant Heat

The only way to pour 8000 s.f. of floor in 3 hours.

Over 1 mile of radiant tubing heat. PEX

3000 PSI concrete
No Air
Mid- Range WRA

Slab will eventually get saw cut at 12’x12’ for control joints 1" deep.

Marcel :slight_smile:

I sure do not miss doing that any more…:wink:

Nice heat system, though, Marcel.

Sure hope the pex is at least 2 inches deep.
Stu

That is for sure.

If you look closely, you will notice that the radiant tubing is attached to a #10 wire mesh on the bottom and then 2" continuous chairs at 2’ o.c. supporting a #4 wire mesh that will be centered in the slab where it belongs and supports the weight of the workers while pouring.
Only way to assure the wire mesh in the middle of the slab.

Marcel :slight_smile:

Why don’t the finishers trowel-in the control joints and not risk a section of pipe popping loose and getting cut? Seems like it’d be cheaper too.

Hi. Kenton,

Tooling joints is not an effective way to provide crack control.
Slab has to be cut at least 1/5 of the thickness, and saw cutting immediately after finishing is the most effective using soft cut machines. 1200 lin. feet of it took about 1 hour.

The wire mesh on the bottom and filling the system with pressurized water will keep them down and the saws are set to 1" depth max.
The second layer of #4 mesh is supported by continuous chairs to assure that is stays in mid-slab where it belongs.

Marcel:)
</IMG>

Currious Marcel, how many yards/trucks of concrete was it?

Brian, at a 4 inch pour that would be 98 cubic yards and most concrete trucks are in the 8-12 yard range so your looking at about 8-12 trucks.

Thats a lot of concrete, especially as that is just Marcels family room :wink:

Regards

Gerry

Hi. Brian and hope you are fine and well.

Actually, I was over a tad on my yardage, it took 108 cu. yds. or 11 trucks and a concrete pump obviously. You loose a yard of concrete when you use a pump.

Every thing went smooth like the way it should and finished that night at about 7:30 p.m…
Long day.

The client got a 4" &1/4" floor, no big deal. The wet cure should be all done by tomorrow night.

Thanks for asking.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Funny Gerry. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :slight_smile:

Marcel

[QUOTE=mcyr]
Hi. Brian and hope you are fine and well.

Actually, I was over a tad on my yardage, it took 108 cu. yds. or 11 trucks and a concrete pump obviously. You loose a yard of concrete when you use a pump.

Every thing went smooth like the way it should and finished that night at about 7:30 p.m…

Marcel,
Went smooth the way it is supposed too, too many times I have seen the other. Watched one hospital being poured on a Friday afternoon. Should be finished about 6PM. I told the foreman he should have more bracing on the forms and shore up the bank or cut it down. I was told where they would stick another brace if I didn’t f%^ off. The pour was going good until 5PM, it started to rain heavy. The pour was slowed considerably. About 9PM a truck pulled in with a load. As he was sitting on the bank it caved in. The truck went down the bank into the wall, blowing everything apart. The truck then rolled over. I left. Heard they had it cleaned up by Saturday 4PM.