Putting National in the National

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’ve broached the subject to others about the PA slant of the website and would like to get a consensus of how others feel.

The website currently has a special spot for PA Inspectors, PA and PA Board of Realtors. As a National Organization I feel that this keeps the appearance of a state org. I feel that the "PA" and the "PA Board of Realtors" should be moved to "Links" and the "PA Member List" should be removed altogether. If the PA members set up a state chapter, then add "State Chapters" to the website and put it there.

I think this would enhance the "National" aspect, how do others feel?

Bob

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Excellent idea, Bob.

I'd like to see the same changes made...

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Bob:

I agree with you. Let me explain why we were so PA biased (till maybe now). ASHI attacked us only in PA (kept the battle confined). I think they knew if they could crush us in our home State, it would be over. Their PA Chapter President "slammed" (called and emailed) every new NACHI member here in PA, on ASHI letterhead, and told them that we were not a ligitmate association. He then filed numerous complaints with the Attorney General here. He then, in writing, and on ASHI logo email, slandered us to everyone, including my State Rep, my Real Estate Association, my partners, and my employer. He then used ASHI's name and prominence to destroy several of our business relationships. (I was able to intercept his emails thanks to a deepthroat) Then ASHI (headquarters) sued us. And finally ASHI (headquarters) filed an injunction to try to stop us. All attacks by ASHI were taken here in PA. So I had to put enough up on the site about PA so that people (or new inspectors) inquiring about NACHI would have the facts, and have the facts readily available. Perhaps we are now in a position to remove this bias. Another injunction hearing is scheduled at the court house tomorrow at 1:30 pm.

They are foolish to pick a fight with me. Even if I lose a battle here and there. I am young (well sort of ...40), I'm no brain but I have smart folks working for me. I'm rich (by most people's standards). And I'm mad as hell. I am a former Army Officer who seeks peace...but NACHI is worth fighting for.

Nick

PS Current status of ASHI's attacks:

Slamming: We only lost 2 members that we know of.
AG complaints: All dismissed in NACHI's favor.
Slander: I personally am preparing a law suit against their Chapter President.
Interference with business relationships: Damage done.
Injunction: Settlement in negotiation.
Suit: Settlement in negotiation.

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

Nick,

I think everybody understands why the PA slant is there, and I agree that it should have been that way. But my thinking is that we're trying to grow national. I'm relatively new to NACHI (not HI) and when I was looking at org, I had come across NACHI but didn't consider it because the site projected a state org. In fact the brouhaha with ASHI, the fact that NACHI began to appear to want to become national, the members input being listened to and several of your members picking at me was why I joined NACHI. I think if we start projecting a national image it will help.

Bob

BTW USA/1SG(Ret) Diamonds Are Forever

O.K. If Bob P. & Joe F. agree on something it must be right.

Chris, move the three PA links in border to the bottom of FAQ PA section. I'd do it myself but I'm afraid I'd screw up our borders. Leave PA section at bottom of FAQ as I think we are talking about each State having their own FAQ section. I'll work on the data for that.

While I'm thinking of it Chris, some pages I added do not open in a new window. What was that html code I have to add...<if this is this that is that> thingie?

Bedtime for sleepy Nick.

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

I’ve been working on an idea that will promote a much more national feel. For now, I’ll move some links around, etc.

Quick HTML tip for all of you (Nick included): When you have a link and you want it to open in a new window, you put target = "_blank" in the code:

Code:
<A href="location of link" target="_blank" title="title of link">Link Text</A>

Enjoy,

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://cEK3WQrWzmUlD3KhuufQDhMro28.html)

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Nick,

What's the injunction about? You said you're going to court at 1:30 today. Who's seeking an injunction against who and why?

Joe F

Its over now. ASHI vs. NACHI initially. Then we countered. EBPHI got in on it. It all settled on all sides, amicably I might add, yesterday. Mutual releases signed. I’m pretty sure I can post the complaints (public information), but I can’t reveal the terms of the settlement agreement. I’ll ask our attorney (who by the way did a great job for NACHI).

Should anyone need a good attorney in PA:

Joe Ferry
Carosella & Ferry Attorneys at Law
882 S. Matlack Street
West Chester, PA 19382-4505
(610) 431-3300

This firm also represents several big home inspection franchises so they understand the business.

Gromicko vs. Joe Kelly & other PHIC board members is the next little war. I WON'T BE ENTERTAINING ANY SETTLEMENT offers on those. Too personal.

Nick

Originally Posted By: mhenderson

What was all the hoopla about…being new to this organization I must have must missed quite alot…Could you please state briefly the riff that ASHI was concerned about. icon_question.gif

Well there were 2 attacks. One from ASHI headquarters which is now settled and over. The other from a local ASHI Chapter President which has stopped, but now I am suing him. Its all a bit boring as neither outcome puts $$$ in the pockets of our members (my main goal).

Nick

Originally Posted By: mhenderson

I assume they were slanderous in nature to you & the NACHI organization!thank you for the reply! icon_idea.gif