QOD 4/5/2005 Appliances

Originally Posted By: gbell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A question with only one correct answer.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: ckratzer

There are two basic types of disposals.

1. continuous feed which is operated by a switch.

2.batch feed which is operated by by placing the stopper or" twist top" into the throat which in turn closes an internal switch.

So both are technically “energized” by a switch but the methods in which you activate the switch are not the same. icon_cool.gif

a. switch

Why are there two different types?
Batch feed only runs when the stopper is in place for safety reasons.
Continuous feed allows the user to get rid of large amounts of waste at a time "continuously" .

You asked

Originally Posted By: gmagee

Hey Cheremie,

Greg has been kind enough to devote his time in formulating the QOD, would you please hold printed answers for a few hours? Thanks, I for one would appreciate that.

I would also like to request that the answer not be posted until 24 hours after the question has been posted.

I will always go back and give the answer. If you have a concern about the question you may e-mail me and we can discuss it.

Thank you,

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: ckratzer

Thanks for informing me on proper protocal.It wasn’t my intent to upset anyone.

Forgive my overzealousness.

sincerely

Originally Posted By: gmagee

Cheremie-

Please don’t think that I’m upset. I simply recognize that I am lazy and if the answer is too quickly provided I will definitely look at it rather than research it. If I have the inclination to research an answer, I usually find more information than I would have by simply reading the answer. That’s all.

There are many questions like this on exams such as the NHIE. Where there are more than one answer that could be correct. But as you can see here there is one answer that is more correct than the other. You need to take the time to think through and pick the answer that makes the most sense.

The correct answer is C.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service