QOD for 10/12/04 (Foundation/Exterior)

Originally Posted By: dbush
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Okay, today’s QOD has two pictures to it. Looking at the first picture, the gap and sloping is most likely caused by what in the second picture?

![](upload://2BQBawIVgDhchvMdU4TNFt4RAe7.jpeg)![](upload://b85Qfo2adwgb1XbqGZg8oHEiUH1.jpeg)

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

OK, a newbie to the board, but here goes.

If I was presented these pictures by a client I could not provide them an answer with out additional information.

Where is the home. Texas soil vs Florida soil make a major difference.

This appears to be slab on grade. Is it tensioned?

Pic 1 indicated the corner did not fall or at least not as much as the center portion. Is this correct?

Only looking at these pics I could not make a guess as to the possible reason. My response would be Call a foundation contractor to examine the problem.

Rob Z.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

We know that carpets have negatively charged. That’s why you sometimes get a shock when walking on a carpeted floor.

We know that receptacles are negatively charged, that's how you get electricity.

We know that same (negative to negative) charged particles repel each other.

Therefore the carpet under the receptacle is being pushed down or away from the receptacle.

If you believe this theory I also have land on Lake Erie to sell if your interested. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

How much?

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

center of this map. Sorry I could’t get to link so you will have to cut and paste the entire link into your location bar on your web browser.

http://mappoint.msn.com/(i0wvghr0dusheb45zkxpnwun)/map.aspx?C=42.053535442571324%2c-82.49843113524545&L=USA&A=25&PN=1894824004&S=800%2c740&P=|476e|&TI=Leamington%2c+Ontario%2c+Canada

Picture of property

Aerial view of region

Lot plan of subdivision (mine is #30)

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !