Question about 2nd floor laundry

Take the man out of Texas, but can’t take the Texan out of the man.

Mason jar’s rule!

So I guess you know where I got mine, right? I picked up a dozen of them at The Mason Jar out on I-10 at Gessner in Houston back in 1999. They don’t have mugs out here in San Diego. :frowning: When friends come over they are amazed at my collection of mugs.

Back when we had property in Rosarito there were vendors galore that had knock-offs. More than one has been broken in Baja. Ole!

Here’s you replacements:
http://www.freundcontainer.com/product.asp?pn=BP11062&EID=FD110106pop51&gclid=CObuuaK37YkCFRf1gAod0xWQGA&bhcd2=1169242380

thanks for the responses. i agree that a pan would be useless for any catastrophe that would occur with a washer. ill look into local codes. im looking into an electronic water shut-off device in its place.

Sorry to get off topic, but Barry brings up a valid point.

Once a Texan, always a Texan. Especially their deep accent.

Here’s a few examples…

Dare – Not a challenge, but a term of endearment
Dare means " Dear "
As In: Moe cawfay muh dare?
“More coffee my dear?”

Dade – Yes, It’s also a county in Georgia
Dade means " Dead "
As In: Muh bat trees dade.
“My battery is dead.”
No bats in the trees, they just need a jump.

Daince – Rhymes with aint’s
Daince means "Dance "
As In: Aah jus lock tu daince un hava gud tom.
“I just like to dance and have a good
time.”

Dawn – Same word, but it has nothing to do with the sun.
Dawn means " Dying "
As In: Muh doeguhs dawn
“My dog is dying.”
Or: Alm dawn muh shart
“I’m dying my shirt.”

Day yum – Sometimes Texans like to add a few more letters
to a word for emphasis.
Day yum means “Damn”
As In: Day yum thayut chele as bodacious.
" Damn, that chili is bodacious."
See "B " for reference. The Texan really likes
the chili.

Listen to Jeff Foxworthy’s “You might be a redneck.” Everything on there describes my RPEFF family in Deep South Texas. Which is why I live in San Diego.

David, be careful, you live in MASS. so you pak ya cah and eat chowdah

Ya, Ya. I know. We have a hard time pronouncing our R’s…don’t we?

I pahked my cah at a pahkin meeta in Baston nea the Havahd Yahd and paid a quada foh one houa pahking and then went to go drink a beea at the bahroom nea Fenway pahk. Afta that, We had a wicked good time at the Red Sahx game.

David,
I have to laugh, I grew up in your area before moving to NH in 1985.
I go back to visit my Mother or to Boston once in awhile.

Irrespective of whether a pan is required I point out the shutoff valves to the washer to clients, explain their operation, and document both in the FYI section of the report. I also verbally inform clients that “If this hose bursts, and there is no one around to turn off the water, it will be like sticking a garden hose in through the window and running it into this room”.

The FYI boiler-plate also include links to a supplier of better quality hoses and to two brands of auto-shutoff valves.

I take potential washer leaks so seriously because I’ve seen a situation where a failing washer supply hose directed a thin stream of water sideways from behind a washer and against an adjacent wall, from which it then ran down onto the floor.

Over a weekend it then wicked through the subflooring of the utility closet, down a hallway and into two bedrooms - as a result the wood flooring and its subflooring in all these areas had to be replaced.

Based on this experience if a drain pan is indicated I also recommend that: 1) water-proof material be installed on the wall behind the washer and 2) that it expend out at each side of the washer a sufficient distance to direct water from a burst or leaking hose into the pan.