QUESTION about C.A.T.S. training courses

Originally Posted By: Elaine Schlameelitis
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

HI…can you please show me some information, perhaps a letter from the MOE endorsing, and having adopted NACHI exams as training?..

THis is what your claim reads on the NACHI website at this link:
http://www.nachi.org/catsexpandsoperations2005.htm

Quote:
Therefore, NACHI?s exams and courses, as have been have been adopted by the Ministry of Education

If not ...what exactly are you claiming? I have the MOE phone number to verify and will be calling them after you guys answer this..

Thanks

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

The person you might want to contact is at the bottom of this link.

http://www.nachi.org/robetech.htm

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

AHhhh…see? When one first reads your claim …they think that the Ministry of the Environment is endorsing and thus adopting the use of NACHI exams and quizzes…

WHen actually it is only that the Robotech college, who offers a course approved by the MOE....that has agreed to use NACHI quizzes....

That doesnt mean the MOE has agreed .... misleading don't you think?

Maybe you should reword your claim ....I'm pretty confident that when I call the MOE they won't know anything about having adopted NACHI quizzes and tests.....am I right? ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Then again, I see no reason for NACHI to explain anything to you.

Try using your real name and you may be taken more seriously.

Until then, you are nothing but an anonymous buffoon.

I did a search on NACHI on the website to start :

http://www.searchontario.gov.on.ca/cgi-bin/edu/format_sr.pl?query=nachi&offset=0&collection=50800edutcu&language=en…

This is what I got:

Search Results

You may also want to try: nacho

No documents found that match your query: nachi

Suggestions:

Make sure all words in your query are spelled correctly
Try a shorter query, or replace some keywords ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: lewens

What has this got to do with CATS?

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Read from the beginning of the thread… icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Elaine Schlameelitis wrote:
AHhhh...see? When one first reads your claim ...they think that the Ministry of the Environment is endorsing and thus adopting the use of NACHI exams and quizzes...

WHen actually it is only that the Robotech college, who offers a course approved by the MOE....that has agreed to use NACHI quizzes....

That doesnt mean the MOE has agreed .... misleading don't you think?

Maybe you should reword your claim ....I'm pretty confident that when I call the MOE they won't know anything about having adopted NACHI quizzes and tests.....am I right? ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

So what?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Quote:
Until then, you are nothing but an anonymous buffoon.

It still stands.

Originally Posted By: Gilbert Strachan

No one is berating or criticizing the NACHI membership at large. When Lorraine (or anyone) questions a loose association between NACHI and the MOE, via “Robotech College” (or the credibility of any other NACHI-contrived) links - this is NOT an attack upon the general membership of NACHI.

Some members however seem to believe it's OK to decieve and mislead, as long as they feel they, themselves are not the ones being mislead. The "so what?" kind of response, and the "mind your own business, non-member" responses typical of many forums within this MB are indicative of naivety, denial or compliance with Nick's practices, even when the posters know it's wrong or deceitful.

"It's our association and we'll do what we want, and it's nobody else's business, and everyone who disagrees is a dumb, jealous NACHI detractor."

The sole problem with this attitude is that the resultant product is misleading to the public, as well as the scores of entry-level home inspectors who, through no fault of their own, don't understand the difference.

I know. It took me a year to get off the Kool-Aid.

Fire away...

Gil,

No issue with you. You stand behind your posts and I can respect that.

Fake names and fake locations are the same as an unattributed news story. They carry no weight. If "Elaine" wants to bring up a point and have it taken seriously, "she" needs to come out from behind her veil and take a stand.

Until then, it's all background noise.

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
The "so what?" kind of response, and the "mind your own business, non-member" responses typical of many forums within this MB are indicative of naivety, denial or compliance with Nick's practices, even when the posters know it's wrong or deceitful.

The sole problem with this attitude is that the resultant product is misleading to the public, as well as the scores of entry-level home inspectors who, through no fault of their own, don't understand the difference.

Who cares?

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

jbushart wrote:
Gilbert Strachan wrote:
The "so what?" kind of response, and the "mind your own business, non-member" responses typical of many forums within this MB are indicative of naivety, denial or compliance with Nick's practices, even when the posters know it's wrong or deceitful.

Who cares?

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?p=8668&highlight=hazard#8668

It is important for someone to care.

Businesses that use NACHI as an endorsement (Expressed or Implied) should be ready to answer questions when called upon to do so.

It is those questions that halted the abuse of a Mr. Napadow who was using NACHI as an endorsement.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Only you would equate the vengeful efforts of your friend, Gil, to “stopping Napadow”. icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: eporter

Okay…I am a real person and a former NACHI member. I am asking the same questions Gil and Elaine are asking.

Now, you don’t have the identity issues. Can we get an answer to what is being asked? Please?

And Jim Bushart, you have to do better than "so what." It screams ignorance of what's really going on here. You are by far the most vocal of the NACHI cheerleaders, I would expect more than that from you.

And please, do not play the "former member" card and that you don't owe me anything. That is why I stopped paying dues and after two years was dismissed as a NACHI member. These questions have been asked in the past without reasonable answers.

Can we get a straight answer?

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Quote:
Therefore, NACHI?s exams and courses, as have been have been adopted by the Ministry of Education, now are being used as part of the training offered by all of the facilities of Certified Adult Training Services.

Badly mangled English. Adopted by the Ministry of Education for what?

Is that the gist of your questions?

Since it appears to be a posting of a press release, I'd probably ask my questions of the people who sent it out.

Quote:
Next course starts this September. Contact us at: 1-866-697-0117 or at: www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

That may be the appropriate place to start. At least, that's where I would start. But then again, I am not trying to grind an axe.

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

deleted

Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Claude, to answer your question… I don’t know. I’ll try to find out. Or perhaps you could reword it and we’ll modify it for accuracy.

We are proud that NACHI works hard to tweak every sentence on this 48,000 page website. Under the scrutiny of over 100,000 unique visitors a month, NACHI.org has become the authoritative voice of the inspection industry, and its undisputed leading source for information.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

eporter wrote:
And Jim Bushart, you have to do better than "so what." It screams ignorance of what's really going on here. You are by far the most vocal of the NACHI cheerleaders, I would expect more than that from you.

And please, do not play the "former member" card and that you don't owe me anything. That is why I stopped paying dues and after two years was dismissed as a NACHI member. These questions have been asked in the past without reasonable answers.

Ed

My response of "so what" is directed toward Gil and "Elaine" who simply jump from one un-dotted "i" to the next and trying to make it into a criminal conspiracy. They are trying to save the world from evils that don't exist. To that, I say "so what".

As for the real issue that you have mentioned, Nick is on it. I'm confident it will be addressed in a manner that is proper.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Gilbert Strachan

James,

We're talking about a lot more than an un-dotted "i" or an un-crossed "t" here.

Nobody minds if NACHI or anyone else wants to start a school, or run a course for one thing or another, however creating the impression that the Ministry of Education has adopted exams and courses provided by NACHI is misleading to home inspectors, the real estate community and the homebuying public.