Question about fluorescent light

Hi Folks:
Are fluorescent light prohibited in living or dinning area?
I had a customer yesterday. He told me an inspector who works for city, ask him to remove the fluorescent light from his living room. Is this a code for the city inspectors?

Thanks
Maz

Sorry new one on me , I do not know of any requirements .
I would ask to see that in writing

I’ve never heard of this either. I’d be curious if it had more to do with the actual fixtures and location, versus the type of lighting.

Someone is just messing with you.
However if they are hanging on chains not in a drop ceiling this may expose the upper portion of the light to openings and a proper BX line would then be required for safety.
No ( You will not find this in any code )
I see them installed in drop ceilings all the time with no chains or anchors.

He may be an inspector but we all have our little quirks of personal beliefs. Never heard of it either. Since when does an inspector make aesthetic comments…

Well, there was one in this area who retired within the last 2 years that I heard would make some…good riddance to him. The recently retired executive-director of the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association told me he had more complaint calls about this guy than all other HI’s combined!!

WEll i wonder what he is going to use once incadence light isnt available anymore.

And make sure you put the o ring in with the top side up.

Gee I bet If Nick would give out the Information I expect the same thing could be said about another HI from the east Coast .
(" The recently retired executive-director of the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association told me he had more complaint calls about this guy than all other HI’s combined ")

(“Well, there was one in this area who retired within the last 2 years that I heard would make some…good riddance to him.”)

.I expect not many would be disapointed if it happened here .

If Nick wanted me out of here, it would happen! For a person that was tossed out of here completely for what… 1-2 years, you have some gumption to talk about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **He may be an inspector but we all have our little quirks of personal beliefs. Never heard of it either. Since when does an inspector make aethetic comments…

(Well, there was one in this area who retired within the last 2 years that I heard would make some…good riddance to him). The recently retired executive-director of the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association told me he had more complaint calls about this guy than all other HI’s combined!!*

Gee I bet If Nick would give out the Information I expect the same thing could be said about another HI from the east Coast .
(" The recently retired executive-director of the Nova Scotia Building Officials Association told me he had more complaint calls about this guy than all other HI’s combined ")

(“Well, there was one in this area who retired within the last 2 years that I heard would make some…good riddance to him.”)

.I expect not many would be disapointed if it happened here .

Thanks folks.