Question About Recommended Tools

Agreed! It is an arbitrary number meant to satisfy the real estate industry and to get SOME radon testing for people so they can make a semi-informed decision.

(for the record, I follow the 48 hour guide…not that 2 hour bs)

2 Likes

Such as? ?

2 Likes

With that crap being spewed out, I think you should go back to Facebook and milk them for all they’re worth, because with your attitude, that’s all you’re worth!

Great response! I bet the realtors love you. Have a good one.

He’s likely referring to his Google search for CHEAP CRM’s that gave him results for homeowner use!

1 Like

Slow down Peter. JJ actually was spot on on his info. He knows what he is taking about.

Correntium software will allow a test as short as 24 hours but we all know that won’t be an official test.

I have some crm’s that will give an initial value in as little as 15 minutes ( Ecosense) but the Correntium will not give you any data until at least 24 hours have been recorded.
I don’t have experience with other brands.

I think some of us are wondering why you care how fast you can get an initial reading when all approved devices will work when used to the proper protocols.

3 Likes

OMG, hahahaha. :grinning: :grin: @jjonas is known worldwide for his love for realtors!

2 Likes

My sun nuclear will provide 1 hr readings. Start and stop as I wish.

I try to pre-drop my radon machines prior to the inspection as many days in advance as possible. I am dropping one in the morning for a Tuesday inspection. One extra day is better than nothing.

3 Likes

JJ,
If peter hurt your feelings with that comment about realtors not liking you, give me a call and I’ll tell you that you are good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like you.

3 Likes

I figure a Minnesota guy would get that reference.

3 Likes

Is that where Stuart is from?

1 Like

Nah, I’m good.
Little poosies like him couldn’t get under my thick skin if they tried.
I normally just laugh in their face and ignore any further spewings from them.
I gave him what he needed to hear, whether he thinks so or not.
His loss for any future information from me.
Just another WAFI to be added to the list.
Thanks anyway! :wink:

It’s quite hilarious to see home inspection professionals fishing for likes from each other while attempting to insult individuals on a forum where people seek help for both simple and sometimes more complex issues. Not very different than social media. I actually scoured these forums for a few days before deciding to ask a basic question. I noticed, via scrolling through posts, much of the same elitism displayed here. I’m not sure why I thought this post would somehow be different.

In any case, I digress. I won’t be using this forum much moving forward. For those who contributed with a straight answer, thanks! I was looking at the Sun Nuclear 1030, but I’ll check out the other recommendation.

Have a blessed night.

2 Likes

Al Franken was a Minnesota senator for a decade. I’m not sure if we know where his character Stuart Smalley is from.

1 Like

If that title and cover isn’t Minnesotan, I don’t know what is!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, he got the bad rap for boobie grabbing in a photo. Shame shame. “eye roll”

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why that was directed at me. Good luck with your inspecting.

1 Like

That’s nothing but a waste of everyone’s time. I hope they’re not charging for that.

3 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Peter!..Enjoy and participate. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Brian, I would encourage your inspectors to take a course on Radon, I mean InterNACHI or frankly, any. Surely they don’t know what a disservice that is.

1 Like