Question for Joe T. Electrical super guy

Originally Posted By: tallen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greg Fretwell wrote:
I will give you a hint, the author was a PE and much of the original material in "The" grounding book that bears his name was in his book called "Designing Electrical Distribution Systems for Safety", published in 1966.

I have that book and many others that have Joe tedescoes name as a contributer.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

mike holt?

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

Bump

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: bmarrone

Hi Joe

I lost electric to my garage I have a separated garage the wire goes from my house under ground to the garage. when I touch my water hose I feel a tremmer ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) and if I stand on a wet place in my garage I feel the same tremmer ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) not a shock. Can that be from a broken wire that go to my garage and giving us these tremmers

Thanks

Barney Marrone

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell

All together now

CALL A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN TO EVALUATE

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

bmarrone wrote:
Hi Joe

I lost electric to my garage I have a separated garage the wire goes from my house under ground to the garage. when I touch my water hose I feel a tremmer ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) and if I stand on a wet place in my garage I feel the same tremmer ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) not a shock. Can that be from a broken wire that go to my garage and giving us these tremmers

Thanks

Barney Marrone

Hi Barney:

If the supply is run underground there may be some damage and a break in the neutral, if overhead look at the run from the beginning to end.

Best approach would be to run a new circuit if possible. See the new NEC Forum under education. If you want me to post this question there please let me know so we can pinpoint the possible corrections to the problem.

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell

First turn off the power.

If I was looking I would start with finding out if there was any digging, stake driving or other disturbing of the ground. If nothing comes up, Then I would start with the boxes. Make sure nothing looks bad. At a certain point Joe may be right. If everything above ground is OK you probably have a damaged cable underground and fixing it is not likely.

The more testing you can do along the way the easier this will go.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

But, I agree with Greg. Get a qualified electrician.

It is all well and good to discuss these things her, in an academic type forum and such, but with the type of symptoms you stated, GET AND ELECTRICIAN!

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: bmarrone

Thanks a lot guys

I was looking but I have no Idea what I’m looking for other then a broken wire, And yes the wire runs under ground, But when a electrician comes and runs a new line to the garage and make the lights go back on what happens to the tremmers I been feeling with the broken line? I just hope he can find that problem I can live without the electric in my garage.

thanks again guys

Barney [/quote]