Question for long time users of Homegauge

Sounds like they are right in line with most processors then. My software company is at 2.75% + .30 regardless of card type. Without having to meet certain transaction volumes, this is the going rate nowadays unfortunately.

1 Like

Apparently you got lucky and found a very special processor. There are few if any big-name processor companies that charge lesser fees than you’ve posted.

1 Like

If you are paying anywhere near those fees, you seriously should call this guy. He answers his phone and is on it. I pay half that. Saves me 4k a year easily. Like a free vacation!

Taylor Curtiss
Banc Card of America
901-930-6116
tcurtiss@banccard.com

2 Likes

So did HG implement all the data mining that was mentioned here? Is the customer experience now bad?

Reason I ask is because I bought a year of HG for $1 on Cyber Monday but I have never used or even looked at the product. I figured for $1, I couldn’t not take the chance on at least buying it and then investing it.

As a HomeGauge user for more than 10 years I cannot answer your first question, it’s almost impossible to know what’s going on in the background. Personally I do not believe they’re doing anything secretly.

With the second question I have had no negative feedback from any of my customers since or before any changes were made.

2 Likes

Over 15 years here and I totally agree with Christopher.

I may have missed it but with my personal dissatisfaction with HG after using it for more than 10 years, does anyone have a back up HI software? We are going to change from HG, when you consider all that has been said here plus the software upload issues, HG is becoming a boat anchor. Looking for a different software now but finding a lot of form builders.

We’ve considered changing but frankly it’s just not worth the investment of time to learn and modify a new system as they all seem to have their own issues. We will be sticking with hg primarily because most of the alternatives are web based and that just doesn’t fly in many of the areas that we service.

Good luck with your search.

3 Likes

Just as an FYI, I believe most of the mobile software does not need internet service to use onsite. For instance, Spectora only needs service to get the inspection loaded onto your device. Once there, you only need it again to load it up to the servers when you are done.

If you want to use the desktop report writer to finish up/proof reports at the office, then you do need internet wherever you are doing that.

1 Like

Can probably be done with a cable.

Good to know. However we do the unspeakable and schedule enough time to finish the report on site and try to do that whenever possible. Makes it real easy to double check something or to inspect something that may have been forgotten.

1 Like

So my question would be how does HG allow you to do this where the other offerings don’t? Not trying to sway you into changing, just trying to understand how HG is different in this respect.

1 Like

We can move data from phones to the laptop via cables, Bluetooth and cellular data. It sometimes requires a significant amount of time to make the data transfers via cellular which is not tenable for doing the entire inspection. Cables and Bluetooth are definitely second choice. We have on occasion had to drive down the street a few blocks to do the cellular transfer.

The other obstacle for us is the online distribution of the reports. We include video and 360° photos that get lost via pdf distribution.

We’ve ventured into a couple of other platforms and I’m sure that they are all viable I’ve (and my realtors) just gotten comfortable with HG and don’t really see enough of an advantage to any of the other systems.

We looked pretty closely at Sqribeware I think it’s called. I kind of liked it but it like all of them has its own quirks and difficulties and it just didn’t seem better enough to upset the apple cart over.

When I started there wasn’t as many choices as there are today. Mostly HG and word templates. So it was pretty easy choice at the time.

1 Like