Question For Nick

It won’t happen here, Nate is a full member and will be allowed to spam every post with his sales pitch, I imagine that someday the message board will be one long ReTard commercial, but if you find that Nate-Free place, please let us know.

That is correct. I think whatever you have in your signature line, even if it’s pushing products or an advertisement for HIP, Homegauge, InterNACHI, or your Inspection Business, may be overlooked. I think we are talking about thread content here, and what is discussed.

Granted, some sig lines are little over the top. One even says “I vow to never use Nathan Thornberry’s products or ever do business with him”. To each his own, and the band plays on…

We can only hope the MB never comes to that…but it seems anything is possible. I guess there are vendors who are actually inspectors, and then the area could become grey, or at least “shady”.

Maybe monitoring will be required, and anyone trying to sell his service on this Inspection Only board, whatever the service, would be held responsible.

It’s gonna take someone smarter than me (and there are many out there) to figure this one out!!

HIP…

It is really very simple most home inspectors sell home inspection services as their sole source of income. Other home inspectors additionally earn extra compensation by making available to 3rd party vendors their clients private data, which many established home inspectors feel violate our Code of Ethics.

Those of us who agree that making their client’s personal data available to 3rd party vendors for compensation is a violation of the spirit of the Code of Ethics simply want to separate themselves from those who employ this practice.

Hence the need for The Client Fidelity Pledge which will allow home buyers the opportunity to do business with a home inspector who has publicly pledged to honor their clients privacy. I do not judge those who receive compensation in exchange for sharing their client’s data with 3rd party vendors, I leave that decision to the public who knows what is best for them.

And then what about folks who are no longer inspector’s but still constantly troll this message board as paying InterNACHI members as if they were? I and others could certainly do without their unwanted input on things just as much as folks seem to not want Nathan’s posts.

I agree Jim, there should be a vendor sort of membership, and then also vendor specific threads, for instance, Dom could have permission to post in the computers and software section. Nathan could have permission to post in the ancillary services section, or start a separate board entirely for these interactions.

All of us know that this nonsense started when Nathan’s company was attacked, or whatever, by some here who have some weird fixation on service providers, and it’s snowballed into this. Prior to that happening, I don’t recall the board being so awful, but it is now. I don’t blame Nathan for reacting as he has to a degree, as if it were my company being called out by trolls, I’d probably be doing the same thing.

Just as in our society these days, the few disgruntled with the biggest voices and most time on their hands seem to ruin what is good for all. :mrgreen:

Great question Jim. The Very First Post proved your point.

Apparently the “proposed” Vendor COE and Vendors Only Section has been put on the back burner. IMO both were just a deterrent for everyone questioning Nick not enforcing the COE Committee recommendations of said vendor.

This message board is ‘going to hell in a handbasket’ and may soon reach a point of no return.

Changing the name to “Nate’s Place” would be more appropriate.

I would support that. The question is, how do you define those who are inspectors? Full and part time? Inspectors with multiple hats represented on this board? Previous inspectors now working in a different field?

Yup again another thread ruined by Nathan Thornberry.
I as a Home Inspector and a paid member of InterNACHI expect to be able to conduct my Inspection business with fellow Home Inspectors. This should be expected hers and to not get ambushed by vendors selling their crap or even commenting on our Home Inspection discussions.

I am with you Jeremy, that is why I made this post to Nick to ask for a vendors only section so the Home Inspectors could get our board back to discuss Home Inspector stuff or whatever without getting ambushed by vendors. OR if Nick want to remain oblivious to what is happing here with some vendors he could at least give us the home inspectors 1 section where vendors are not allowed.

If Nick doesn’t do this he is basically saying all vendors can infest and control the ENTIRE Home Inspection Message board.

Jim

Cam don’t make this complicated please. Read my post above. Also Inspectors are inspectors whether Fulltime or part, heck or even retired, the point is to not allow ANY vendors to ambush every thread, I really don’t care if it is Nathan, Dom (who I love) or Frank Perdue selling chickens. As business with fellow Home Inspectors. This should be expected hers and to not get ambushed by vendors selling their crap or even commenting on our Home Inspection discussions.

Jim

Don’t Lie again. You are an entry level marketier in my opinion who prays on inspectors,. You may not come right out and try to sell in every thread, but you are there to Brand your name, which is taught in marketing 101.

This is about ALL vendors including you and sure Joe as well. Most of us are sick of having to deal with every thread having a vendor jump in.

You already asked the question about Jim and Joe. Jim is Not a vendor, and I already said since Joe is, I guess he wont be allowed in this section as a vendor. There you have it… Sorry Joe my good friend. We can all still talk in all the other sections.

Nick we just need 1 place to be Vendor Free. This is not unreasonable and without it YOU are Harming all members.

Jim

I like… Nate’s Bait Shop :wink:

Or better yet…

Nathan could begin his own Message Board, and all his Cult Members could go over there to have their “Double Secret Special Marketing Kumbaya feel good sessions” and leave the rest of us the hell alone!

May I suggest you start your own Vendor-Free thread. Any member can start any thread in any forum here. And I’m sure that if you asked that vendors refrain from posting on your Vendor-Free thread that our industry vendors would respect your request.

Tried and Failed!

Won’t work, tried it already a few times. heck even this thread was directed to Just you and the first A hole to jump in and ruin it was a Vendor.
. So are you saying you wont make even 1 section for NO Vendors allowed? Yes or No ?

Nick YOU are harming all members by not giving us just 1 section that is for us as members to discuss what we want without getting ambushed by vendors. You always said you would not allow Members to be harmed, so whats about this?

Jim

You make it. I’m quite positive that our industry vendors will cooperate with your desire to have a Vendor-free thread. Prove me wrong. Just make sure your request is clear in the thread title.

Of course he won’t. He cares more about web exposure and “hits” than the membership. Thus the dozens of threads and thousands of views resulting from his planned lack of action.