Question of the Week 04/02/17

It’s all a guessing game after the first few ‘guesses’. Any further answers are simply variations of thoses already submitted.

No pain, no gain.
A little research would eliminate the guessing game if one wants to win.

So no, it is not a guessing game.

That’s Mr. God to you…:smiley:
I did even read the questions.
I have to many Now books as it is.

F
t
f
f
c

Well I’ll be, and Congratulations to my old friend James McKee.

1. Truss
    In engineering, a truss is a structure that “consists of two-force members only, where the members are organized so that the assemblage as a whole behaves as a single object”. A “two-force member” is a structural component where force is applied to only two points.

2, A treenail, also trenail, trennel, or trunnel, is a wooden peg,[1] pin, or dowel used to fasten pieces of wood together, especially in timber frames, covered bridges, wooden shipbuilding and boat building. Many such buildings and bridges are still in use.[2] Locust is a favorite wood when making trunnels in shipbuilding due to its strength and rot resistance and red oak is typical in buildings.
3. Advanced Framing - 2x6 frame at 24 inch centers with single top plates, two stud corners, no jack studs, no cripples and single headers in load bearing walls and no headers in non-load bearing walls.

1. S-type screws are designed for attaching drywall onto metal.
    W-type screws, on the other hand, are longer and thinner. They are designed for installing drywall onto wood.
  2. Trusses are often used as repetitive lightweight members, such as steel “bar joists” and timber pre-manufactured trusses.
    http://www.arch.virginia.edu/~km6e/arch324/content/lectures/lec-21/review-of-20.html

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while partner…

Very true my friend. :slight_smile:

Follow the instructions to get your books and enjoy.

Congratulations James well done .

I’ll take a pass on the books Partner…I use a different one and my office is about to explode right now as it is…

you can donate to another Member if you want.

I will be happy to leave that to You Sir

First one to respond gets the Books donated by Jim McKee.

I’ll take them plz

Florida books please :lol:

Make your request as per post #1 and make reference to this post here where it was Donated by James F. McKee for winning Question of the Week.

Will do…Thanks Jim, Marcel, Nick and all the staff! Good timing I was getting low again. :lol: