Question of the week 06/12/16

Question of the Week Introduction

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing members winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in one post. Editing your answer(s) will result in disqualification.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Question of the week!**

I thought gas questions would be appropriate this week.

Feeling Gassy?

1. Propane when discharged into the atmosphere is considered a greenhouse gas? T/ F

2. Natural gas is always found in a dry state vs propane which is found in a wet or dry state? T/ F

3. Natural gas can be found when prospecting by “following” the rotten egg smell? T/ F

4. A 20lb propane tank will explode if a bullet pierces the tank? T/F

Good Luck People :wink:

F
f
f
t

ffft

f,t,t,t

Feeling Gassy?

1. Propane when discharged into the atmosphere is considered a greenhouse gas? T/ F

False - Methane is considered a greenhouse gas, but propane is not

1. Natural gas is always found in a dry state vs propane which is found in a wet or dry state? T/ F

False - Natural gas is found in both wet and dry states. Propane is one of the NGLs found in wet state natural gas

1. Natural gas can be found when prospecting by “following” the rotten egg smell? T/ F

False - Natural gas is colorless and odorless. Mercaptan is added to give it a detectable smell (one of my client’s businesses provides the mercaptan additive - “Odoreyes”)

1. A 20lb propane tank will explode if a bullet pierces the tank? T/F

False - there must be an appropriate mixture of gas and oxygen to create an explosive compound

Looks like Dr. No fans are about. :wink:

**Congratulations Mr Chuck Evans!

All the questions have FALSE for the answer.

Mr Hank Hill, I mean Chuck, you know your gas :mrgreen:

LOL!:stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, I’m in Houston.

Please pass the award to David Asselin. He had the answers right last week.

I was in Dallas Thursday.
David will have to ask the awards committee, my job is to confuse the inspectors.

David Asselin has been declared the winner from donation from Chuck Evans.
David needs to;

Winner of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submit his Mailing address for shipping.

Thank you Marcel.

Great to see how NACHI helps NACHI thanks Chuck

This one exploded… http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shooting+propane+tanks+explode&&view=detail&mid=27B983538C77450CC2FD27B983538C77450CC2FD&FORM=VRDGAR

Look at that just a little closer before he shoots

Holly crap Chuck! Thanks a lot, I really really appreciate it. Thank you so much, wow I’m so happy!

David

Congrats David! Good luck.

Well that was peaceful.
Congratulations David.

Stay tuned…

Next week should be worthy of drama :cool:

Thank you again. I’ll try to come up with a contest and send it to you.

David