Question of the Week-starting 5/17/15

What is the lowest piece of proper wall flashing called that is attached where an eave meets a vertical wall and the wall continues past the lower edge of that eave, and what does it help prevent?

There are 2 parts to the question. All parts of the question must be answered in one post.

To all: Please do not edit your posts as the Awards Committee can see that time stamp in the edited post…it just makes our sorting it out more cumbersome.

This is how it works:

and the Awards Committee

It’s called a kick-out flashing.
This helps prevent water drainage getting behind the exterior wall covering.

Looks like we have a winner

Mr. Jeremy Rusher wins!

Your prize will be sent to the address that InterNACHI has on file for you.

Jeremy Rusher
Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
Le Roy, IL

Pleas see: Please see:

Cool! Thanks!

You are welcome!…from the Awards Committee and Nick.

Congratulations, Jeremy! :smiley:

nice work…