Question of the Week-starting 5/31/15

Here’s how it works:
Must be an interNACHI member to win.

The Awards Committee panel member post a question in the Education and Training section, once per week at a random time on a random day.

All parts of the question must be answered in one post.

Do not edit your posts as the Awards Committee can see that time stamp in the edited post…it just makes our sorting it out more cumbersome.

First correct answer (as judged by the question poster, and the award committee) wins. The lucky winner gets one case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to you. Courtesy of Nick G. Your prize will be shipped to the address on file. *

“Question of the Week 5/31/2015”

180 degrees because of lack of ease in pulling wire with the possibility of damaging the wire because of it.

I’d like to correct this.
Answer is 4 quarter bends or a total of 360 degrees. Because of tension needed to pull conductors may damage the insulation.

The maximum will be the equivalent of four quarter bends (360 degrees total) between pull points.

When installing conductors, fewer bends are better for labor and provide insurance against damaged conductors.

360 degrees is the max amount of bends due to the NEC code 350.26.

Jeff

I like to add a bit more info:

The maximum will be the equivalent of four quarter bends (360 degrees total) between pull points.

When installing conductors, fewer bends are better for labor and provide insurance against damaged conductors; **due to excessive friction. **

Mark wins! 360 degrees, the wires can be damaged while pulling. Your prize will be shipped to your address on file.

Congrats Mark

Hey, awesome. Thanks InterNACHI for everything, and everyone’s help when I need it.