Questions Of The Week 04/09/21

Here again for for QOTW after a short Spring Break.

“Measurements Matter” and is this week’s subject.

Welcome To Questions of The Week!

A member of the Awards Committee will post questions, at a random day/time.

Members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
Request your choice by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submit your Mailing address for shipping.

Choose your prize from the following list!:

** $50.00 gift certificate from Inspector Outlet
** Case of books "Now That You’ve Had A Home Inspection"
** Seventeen Custom Branded Videos value $50.00 ~ your choice!
https://certifiedmasterinspector.org/video-contest 2

All members are eligible… … …
Good luck!

1. 1 ______ for every 6_______ is the distance required for ___________ and should ____________ from________.

2. 4_____ to 1_______ is used for what and why?

3. _________- shall be installed such that no point measured horizontally along the _______ of any wall space is more than 6ft from a ___________

4. Considered one of the Longest of the species of this insect, it can measure up to 6.6 inches including the _________. And what is it’s “common” name?

5. The minimum ______ of each opening shall be sufficient for the occupant load thereof and shall provide a minimum clear width of__________. Clear openings of _____________ shall be measured between the face of the _____ and the ____, with the _____ open to 90 degrees.

Extra Credit;

Lyrics:

“If you know your history

Then you would know where you coming from

Then you wouldn’t have to ask me

Who the heck do I think I am”

Song?

Artist?

Good luck!!!

2 Likes

OJ Simpson

1 Like

The “glove” didn’t fit…Sorry Marc!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Great questions, Tom!..Thanks for doing them. :smile:

2 Likes

ummm Mark?

1 Like

Over/Under days…I’ll take over +4 at 5 days to resolve. :wink:

1 Like

I’m here
Send me questions mg@alltropic.com
We can make a set of “Les Questions”

LOL, Les! :grin:

Hay algún problema?

1 Like

No creo que sí…

1 Like

ok so Larry said to Marc thanks for doing this and my ummm Marc was pointed towards him. he edited his post to correctly say thanks tom

2 Likes

Thanks, Les! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks Tom for the questions.
Good job.

1. I wasn’t sure on this one, as you already had a receptacle question. (And I was going to go social distancing 1 person for every 6ft, but I figured that was wrong too.) Anyhow, heres my answer: 1 GFCI receptacle for every 6ft is the distance required for GFCI and should be measured from the inside edge of the bowl of a sink, and outside edge of a bathtub of shower.

2. 4 inches to 1 foot is the measurement of roof slope.

3. Receptacles - shall be installed such that no point measured horizontally along the floor line of any wall space is more than 6ft from a receptacle outlet.

4. Horn? The Titan Beetle?

5. The minimum required capacity of each opening shall be sufficient for the occupant load thereof and shall provide a minimum clear width of 32 inches. Clear openings of doorways with swinging doors shall be measured between the face of the door and the stop, with the door open to 90 degrees.

Extra Credit: Buffalo Soldier, Bob Marley

3 Likes

Good shot at them David, but not 100%. #2 is a little vague so I’ll throw in a hint. Although it could possibly pertain to a roof, it has nothing to do with the slope or penetrations. :thinking:

Hmmm… 4 nails per shingle, for a secure installation?

Wish I could David…but I can’t. :wink:

Great questions Thomas!!

2 Likes

Ok, what about the 4 to 1 rule for ladder angle?

The base of the ladder should be placed so that it is one foot away from the building for every four feet of hight to where the ladder rests against the building??

David, Let’s wait and give other members a chance to submit their answers.

2 Likes