Questions Of The Week August 11 :~)

I’m not concerned on having more than one right. I have noticed these last few weeks that some of the questions have extremely specific answers i.e. even though an answer is in theory correct, the guy giving the correct answer doesn’t get credit for it because it didn’t come from a specific location like quizlet.com or in this case test.com.
Maybe the questions need to lean more towards an answer being more correct rather than being specific location correct.
Just my thoughts on how to make the questions of the week more fair and accurate.

1 Like

Just remember this…
For one they do it on the own time and spend a lot of time doing it.
No matter who thinks they are incorrect this is posted on every QOTW…

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.

1 Like

Yeah I understand the concept behind the rules.
Just like life though, things progress and change for the better, kind of like rules.
I’ll keep playing for sure though. I was just giving my opinion on the matter.

1 Like

Jake you may be somewhat correct depending on where your references came from.
But in my book it has nothing to do with rain, humidity, wind and pollutants per your answer.
Just a simple direct answer.

When a cloud-to-ground lightning channel is forming, it is going to strike the ground where the opposing charges are greatest, directly underneath the storm’s most electrically active region ~ period.

Maybe the questions need to lean more towards an answer being more correct rather than being specific location correct

I really appreciate your super participation & can only hope for more & more eligible members to have a discussion like this! :cowboy_hat_face: :smiley:
You’re a smart fellow, you’ll somehow get over it… … … …

Love! < MG > :heart_eyes:

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the questions. Very helpful in learning…As to question 4 I thought labels needed a signal word? IE Caution, Warning, Danger …. etc. I didn’t see a signal word in answers A or B

Hey Steven.
These are required electrical warnings (I made up the D one).

A signal word would be for pesticide labels, cleaners, etc. per FIFRA law.
That’s where the danger-warning-caution terms are used, to denote how much “poison” would have to be consumed to cause death in at least 50% of the subjects exposed.

DANGER-POISON (with skull & crossbones) you’re gonna die!
DANGER - a taste to a teaspoon
WARNING - tablespoon to an ounce
CAUTION - over an ounce

thank you…

1 Like

Thanks bud! I love doing these week after week. A quote I read in a book recently about personal growth “he who doesn’t ask questions knows no more than a man who sleeps”.
I appreciate the feedback on my posts too. I have some lawyers and paralegals in my family so asking too many questions is in my nature haha.

So… … … I’ve been thinking about “signal words”, other than pesticide labels.
This example is required for a structural fumigation.
Signs have to be on all four sides of the home & also all access doors.
PELIGRO!