Questions of the week for May 1st 2021

I put down an answer and knew as soon as I hit reply that it was wrong. Just typed the wrong thing.

2 Likes

David, first I want to thank you for participating and adding to this fun and learning portion that we offer to our members. The purpose is to intrigue the minds and let the research begin with the answers to follow.

The rules are stated prior to the questions being presented. The first member to answer ALL questions correctly in the FIRST post wins the challenge. The first post cannot be edited to reflect changes to answers, thus additional post with changed answers will not be considered as a qualifying post to win.

So your first post attempt to answer is what is submitted for consideration.

Hope this helps! :wink:

1 Like

Assumed so. You’re doing a good job.

1 Like

Thomas,

Thank you. and yes, I completely understand the rules. And I get their purpose. :slight_smile: And I assume the rules were written as they are to prevent people from posting their answer, then seeing a better answer below theirs, and then editing their answer to win.

In this case, we have a situation where no one has answered correctly. What do the rules say to do when no one has answered correctly?

I’ll take a shot at it.

1. A
  2. 4
  3. warm-air heating system; hydronic heating system; steam heating system; or electric heating system
    4.French Bulldog
    5.Masonry, L vent,Type B, Type C, Mechanical, Flue
    6.Cooling, compressor, condenser, fluid, liquid

EC: Dreamboat Annie from Heart

4 Likes

Maybe no-one wins this week…

2 Likes

So did I win?

so-did-i-win

1 Like

So last “tip” of the hat here. Tough questions and some great answers. Many correct, but many slightly off. The two main kickers…#4 and #6. These 2 threw off a few potential winners.

So with that said, no one has yet to get the wording correct for #6.

HINT: All questions except for #4 and the x-credit were taken from the InterNACHI course study guide for this system. Wording from the course is important to answer certain questions.

Good luck!!

1. A
  2. 4
  3. Air,
    Water,
    Steam,
    Electricity
  4. French Bulldog
  5. Masonry Chimneys,
    low-heat Type A Chimneys,
    Type B Gas Vents,
    Type C gas Vents,
    Wall Venting,
    PVC Pipe Venting
  6. Heating Cycle,
    Outdoor Coil,
    Outdoor Coil,
    Liquid,
    Liquid
    EXTRA: Dreamboat Annie / Heart
2 Likes

William, nice to see you around again. Hope all is well.

2 Likes

Congratulations William!! Winner Winner!!!

5 Likes

Good to be back. Been busy and keeping out of trouble, unfortunately!

3 Likes

Thanks Thomas
Excellent questions!

3 Likes

Figures William would get this. Congratulations. :grinning:

5 Likes

CONGRATS BILL

4 Likes

Congrats, William! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great job, Bill!

4 Likes