Questions Of The Week- January 14, 2021

Are you a member for 2 years or less? Give this a shot and enjoy a choice of prizes!

2 Likes
  1. 20 feet
  2. False
  3. 10 feet
  4. False
  5. Fine threaded and blunt
  6. An explosive short circuit
  7. False
2 Likes

Thank you, Mike.

So, who’s the poose that flagged/reported my HONEST post??

This is why nobody takes the Awards Committee seriously!!

If you can’t handle HONEST member feedback, perhaps it’s time to SHUT IT DOWN!!

CONGRATULATIONS to the winner MIKE HARDY!

His answers were EXACTLY what I had down for my answers! He must read the same InterNACHI books as I was.

1. 20 feet
  2. False
  3. 10 feet
  4. False
  5. Fine threaded and blunt
  6. An explosive short circuit
  7. False

I am going to accept his answer to #5, as it is in the InterNachi book that I used for that question. (I emailed to the author’s rep to see if they are going to change it for the new 4th edition…no answer yet.)

After consulting with our resident electrician and knowing that there are course thread blunt tipped dead front screws out there specified by the manufacturer, this is our conclusion:

Fine thread is not necessarily a requirement for those screws. Some panels have very course thread screws. We would agree that a blunt tip is what you will find when the screws are provided by the manufacturer.

The “real” answer to the question is: “ the screws that were provided by the manufacturer as part of the listing of the panel.”

Again CONGRATULATIONS to MIKE HARDY, the winner!

Please Follow the directions in the introduction to claim your prize choice.

3 Likes

Thanks to all that participated!

I look forward to more involvement by relative newbies as well as seasoned veterans.

2 Likes

Great Job Mike !!!

3 Likes

Congrats, Mike!

2 Likes

Congratulations, Mike.
tenor (6)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! Larry I’ve been doing a lot of reading and research on InterNACHI lately and that is the first time I saw the screws referenced as fine thread and blunt. I thought I had seen coarse thread before but who am I to question InterNACHI lol

4 Likes

Congratulation’s, Mike!

4 Likes

Congratulations Mike!

2 Likes

Way to go Mike. You nailed this one!

2 Likes