Questions Of The Week June 9 for Inspection Books prize

**** Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Please read the Introduction and requirements, changes may have been made.

A member of the Awards Committee will post questions, at a random day/time.

The competing member and “ Sir Roy ” may make one post per question thread to answer the questions and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.
Winners of the Questions of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.
Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

GOOD LUCK! ~ GO! :cowboy_hat_face:

1. The potential difference in an open circuit is
    a) Zero
    b) Unity
    c) Infinity
    d) Circuit does not exist open
    e) don’t tase me bro!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
2) Effective ventilation for optimum roof shingle performance, intake vents should provide ____ to ___ % of the open venting area and ____ to ____% for exhaust vents

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
3) A lot of heat energy is required to change the temperature of _______

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

1. There are _______ parts to a pesticide label
    a) 5
    b) 7
    c) 9
    d) 11

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
5) _______ is abundant on the earth & is a direct product of fusion inside stars

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
EXTRA CREDIT ~ if answered correctly with all the other questions, the winner will receive the famous revered INSPECTORSAURUS T-Shirt (if you do not have one)
Please do not just answer this one separately & ruin the fun, only answer if all questions have been answered.

Who sang this on what song?
Who knows how love starts
I woke up with you in my heart

FRONT

Great questions, Marc! Thanks. :smiley:

Those questions make you think, good ones!

Ok! I’ll give it a try to get the ball rolling…
1-C
2- 50-80% / 50-80% (I could not find any direct answer to this question. However, this is what I’ve gathered.)
3- A large body of water
4-C
5- Hydrogen

Yep! Very good questions…Maybe to good.:wink:
I’ve studied them off and on for a few days.

I guess so??
Many views but no one “dares” to answer… … … … … …

Good questions Marc!

Thanks Dave!
If someone else wants to answer they only have to get the first three.
Here’s the answers to #4 & #5.

1. There are _______ parts to a pesticide label
    d eleven

THE NAME OF THE PRODUCT is the brand or trade name. Several companies may sell the same chemical but it would be under different trade or brand names.
THE MANUFACTURERS NAME AND ADDRESS is required to be on the label. This tells you who and where the product was made and distributed and how to contact them.
The INGREDIENT STATEMENT is a listing of all materials in the product, including the names and percentages of the active ingredients as well as the amount of inert ingredients.
PESTS TO BE CONTROLLED is a listing of pests which can properly be controlled with the use of the product. The list may not be inclusive but the organism for which you seek control should share similar habitat or usage site as the label allows.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE. This is probably the most important part of product labeling. If the material is not ready to use then you will be provided with dilution directions, and suggested application methods which would result in safe applications.
SIGNAL WORDS such as Danger, Warning or Caution. These words have specific meaning which relates the product’s degree of hazard. All products require the statement, “Keep out of reach of children”, and prohibit the use of language such as “non-toxic”.
ANTIDOTE AND FIRST AID INSTRUCTIONS. If the product has a known antidote, it will be on the label. Therefore, in case of accidental poisoning, the label is the most important thing to take to the doctor or emergency room.
USE CLASSIFICATION of the product should be prominently at the top center of the front of the label.
CONTENTS BY WEIGHT OR VOLUME displays the net contents of the container.
The REGISTRATION NUMBER is the number assigned by the EPA to the specific label for a particular pesticide manufactured by a particular manufacturer.
The ESTABLISHMENT NUMBER is a number required on the label or container that identifies the physical establishment where the chemical was actually produced.

1. _______ is abundant on the earth & is a direct product of fusion inside stars
    Silicon
    http://zebu.uoregon.edu/disted/ph162/l4.html

I could answer but I just won last weeks contest :grinning:
Just wanted to see how dumb I was, they are not that easy :clown_face:

Now there’s just #1 & #3 to go! :cowboy_hat_face:

1. Effective ventilation for optimum roof shingle performance, intake vents should provide ____ to ___ % of the open venting area and ____ to ____% for exhaust vents
    50 to 60%
    40 to 50%
    https://asphaltroofing.org/attic-ventilation-best-practices-steep-slope-asphalt-shingle-roof-systems/

What-is-Ventilation-660x475

Closed out see you soon! :cowboy_hat_face:

1. The potential difference in an open circuit is
    a) Zero
    b) Unity
    c) Infinity
    d) Circuit does not exist open
    e) don’t tase me bro!
    c
    Explanation: In an open circuit no current exists due to non-existence of loops. Also voltage/potential will be infinity in an open circuit

1. A lot of heat energy is required to change the temperature of _______
      high density materials (like concrete, bricks and tiles)
      http://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/thermal-mass

Who sang this on what song?
Who knows how love starts
I woke up with you in my heart

Timber I’m Falling In Love · Patty Loveless 1996 :heart_eyes:

Very fine questions and secondary offer, Marc. :smiley: :upside_down_face:

Zero
Thermal