Questions Of The Week Mixed Subjects~ March 13

Welcome To Questions of The Week!

A member of the Awards Committee will post questions, at a random day/time.

Members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
Request your choice by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submit your Mailing address for shipping.

Choose your prize from the following list!:

** $50.00 gift certificate from Inspector Outlet
** Case of books "Now That You’ve Had A Home Inspection"
** Seventeen Custom Branded Videos value $50.00 ~ your choice!
https://certifiedmasterinspector.org/video-contest

All members are eligible… … …
Good luck!

1. What degree of pressure is required to ensure smooth drainage?
    a) high pressure
    b) low pressure
    c) does not matter
    d) none
    e) depends on beans or liquid diet

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
2) Inspect this!

roof5

roof6

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
3) Dominant animal species on earth

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
4) There are over 1000 described species of anobiid beetles. Many are wood borers.
Besides causing direct damage by their feeding, they also elicit disgust, annoyance, and anger in those who discover them.
Name these two types!

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
5) There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth:

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
EXTRA CREDIT!
Get 'em all correct including this one & receive an additional gift card.

WHO sang this on WHAT song?
I thought that she would love me so

3 Likes

Thanks for doing the questions, Marc!

3 Likes

Great questions, Marc. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great questions !!!

3 Likes

I’ll give it a shot.

1. D
    a proper slope to maintain the velocity of waste is required to so as to prevent solids dropping out of suspension.
  2. Plumbing roof vent with test plug left in. Deteriorated lead vent boot.
  3. Humans
  4. Drug store beetle, and furniture beetle
  5. Control humidity and moisture, and maintain good air circulation.

EC: Dion, ‘Donna the Prima Donna’

1 Like

Great questions Marc! Got home this afternoon with some in mind. Looks like you gave me the weekend off… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

2 Likes

THANKS Michael.
Close but no apple :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Bump. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guessing the questions are getting too hard… :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Who knows.
I’ve had sets with 900 views & then less than100.
Never could figure it out so I stopped trying to.
Gonna close it out soon.

1 Like
  1. D
  2. Roof vent with signs of previous repair. Test plug still in vent. Recommend review by licensed professional.
  3. Insects
  4. Drugstore Beetle, Cigarette Beetle
    5.Control Moisture

Extra Credit: Dion DiMucci, Donna the Prima Donna

1 Like
  1. D.
  2. We observed two roof penetrations that appear to have been previously sealed and painted. Recommend having a qualified roofing contractor reseal the penetrations. We were unable to observe the interior of the attic to determine whether the pipe inside the boot of the second picture is in operation. The boot in the second picture attached is damaged and the pipe appears to be capped. If the pipe is still in operation we recommend having a qualified plumber remove the cap and install a new undamaged boot. If the pipe is not in operation we recommend having a qualified roofing contractor remove the penetration and repair the roof. This would be to prevent any potential water damage from a roof leak at this location.
  3. Beetles are the most dominant, species-rich group of organisms in terrestrial eco-systems.
  4. the drugstore beetle, Stegobium paniceum (L.) and the cigarette beetle Lasioderma serricorne (F.) (also known as the tobacco beetle)
  5. To control moisture. If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.

EC. Donna The Prima Donna by Dion

3 Likes
  1. d) none
  2. The PVC plumbing vent installed through a lead vent boot has a glue in knock-out test cap still in place. This will prevent the drainage system from functioning properly, can allow for sewage odors into the living space, waste water bubbling out of the drains or gurgling/noisy drains. Additionally, it is not properly installed/finished, and the sealant around lead plumbing vent boot is in poor condition as well. This could allow for leakage and further building damage. Repair by a licensed plumbing contractor is recommended.
  3. Humans
  4. Drugstore (biscuit) beetle & cigarette (tobacco) beetle
  5. Is to control moisture.

Extra Credit: “Donna the Prima Donna” sang by Dion DiMucci

4 Likes

Mike - Tony - Junior got 4 of 5. Michael got 3 of 5.
Wanna try another answer for number 3 for the winner?

Do you mean dominant in numbers?
Dominant in total mass?
Dominant in influence?
You can define “dominance” many ways… … …
It’s not humans, earthworms or ants.
I might get in trouble with this one. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Archaeans?

2 Likes

Thanks Junior!
No, they are not an animal.
Sorta like bacteria but with a different cell structure.

1 Like

Tough one. :smile:

1 Like

springtails, or Collembola

2 Likes

How about Ants? If not you’ve really lost me on this one lol.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

1 Like