Questions Of The Week Mixed Subjects~ March 13

Like I said he lost me. lol

1 Like

Totally taking advantage of those who have answered before me, and relying heavily on searches on DuckDuckGo, here are my guesses:

1. D. No pressure needed to ensure smooth drainage. Just gravity.

2. Roof flashing at plumbing vent pipe(s) has been incorrectly installed and the sealant around the flashing(s) has deteriorated. This condition may allow water to leak into the home. Also, this plumbing vent pipe(s) is sealed which can cause drainage problems and sewer odors in the home. Further evaluation and repair by a qualified contractor is recommended.

3. Among living organisms, bacteria lead in population and biomass but Bacteria is a Kingdom, not a species. (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species). Limited to answers among the kingdom “Animalia”…
    —The dominant animal species on earth by influence is humans (Homo sapiens).
    —The dominant animal species on earth by mass is cattle (Bos taurus). There are only about 1.5 billion cattle on earth, much less population than the 8 billion humans but they weigh on average 500 kg (1115 lb) or about the same as Yo Momma. So there are about 750 million tons of cattle, making them the dominant species by mass.
    — The dominant animal species by population is Antarctic Krill (Euphausia suberba) at roughly 500 trillion but a biomass of only around 150 million tons (they are tiny)
    — The dominant in smell is of course, Yo Momma.

4. The drugstore beetle , Stegobium paniceum
    and the cigarette beetle , Lasioderma serricorne

5. Control moisture

Extra Credit: Dion DiMucci, Donna the Prima Donna

3 Likes

Bert Hull shows up & wins!
Congrats & thank you Bert. :cowboy_hat_face:
Thanks to all for being here!

1. What degree of pressure is required to ensure smooth drainage?
    a) high pressure
    b) low pressure
    c) does not matter
    d) none
    e) depends on beans or liquid diet
    No pressure is required. It’s a matter of gravity
    https://play.howstuffworks.com/quiz/plumbing-quiz

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
2) Inspect this!

Roof vent stack cap seal still in place, flashing damaged

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
3) Dominant animal species on earth
Antarctic krill

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
4) There are over 1000 described species of anobiid beetles. Many are wood borers.
Besides causing direct damage by their feeding, they also elicit disgust, annoyance, and anger in those who discover them.
Name these two types!
The cigarette beetle, Lasioderma serricorne (F.), also known as the tobacco beetle, and the drugstore beetle, Stegobium paniceum (L.) are pests of stored products

Besides causing direct damage by their feeding, they also elicit disgust, annoyance, and anger in those who find them infesting these products. The cigarette beetle is a commonly encountered stored-product pest in the home and has long been associated with humans – some were found in dried resin from the tomb of Egyptian King Tutankhamun.
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/in384

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
5) There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth:
control moisture

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Get 'em all correct including this one & receive an additional gift card.
WHO sang this on WHAT song?
I thought that she would love me so
Dion Dimucci ~ Donna The Prima Donna 1963

Did a termite inspection for him once on a re-finance

3 Likes

Congratulations, Bert!..Way to go, my friend! :smile:

3 Likes

Congrats, Bert. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations Bert!

2 Likes

Congratulations Bert!