questions

Originally Posted By: rray
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Thanks, Ryan.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: Russell Frame

rkirk wrote:
Russell Frame wrote:
I have been witness to an HI as a seller who made me want to tell the seller that they were wasting their money.

Huh? Do you need to edit that sentence? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Oops. Fingers not following brain...

What I meant is that I sold one of my houses a few years back and the BUYER brought in an HI who was so bad I was ::this close:: to telling the BUYER that he needed to fire this guy and hire someone who had a clue.

My point being that the current testing/certification/licensing system is pretty much a joke and does little to bring credibility to those holding the title of "home inspector".

One of the reasons I really like what I'm seeing in the NACHI organization is the apparently sincere attempt to bring some credibility to the title and to educate their members.

I'm glad the humor was removed from the test. It looks a lot better. Although I feel the content could get a bit deeper, it's pretty elementary right now.

Originally Posted By: John Harrison

So as of today I have told the company that I was looking at getting hired by to shove off.

I have done alot of looking and phone calling over the past day because this business has sparked one hell of an interest in me.
I have found out quite a few interesting bits of info about Home Inspection.

Ive been in construction of every field since I was 14 you name it ive probably done it or assisted in doing it.

I have found that the company, training center, and micro lab. that Ive been dealing with are all run by the same person, and operated out of the same office.
I have no desire to work for a company such as this and after my phone calls over the past few day I doubt they would ever hire me anyway lol