Q****uiz for People Who Know Everything
This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn’t. **
These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know **
the score or the leader until the contest ends. **
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing **
**seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only **
two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? **
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. **
**The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. **
How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ’ dw’ and they are all **
**common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them? ** ** 8. Name t he only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, ** **or in any other form except fresh.** ** 9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.' ** ** Answers To Quiz:** ** 1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score ** **or the leader until the contest ends Boxing** ** 2. North American landmark constantly moving backward. ** **Niagara Falls (The rim is worn ** **down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water ** **that rush over it every minute.) ** ** 3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. ** **Asparagus and rhubarb.** ** 4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside. Strawberry.** ** 5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are ** **placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle ** **is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped ** **off at the stems.** ** 6. Three English words beginning with dw. Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.** ** 7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. &nbs p; Period, comma, colon, semicolon, ** **dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, ** **parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.** ** 8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any ** **other form but fresh. Lettuce..** ** 9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S'.** ** Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts. **