Radon Classes from ESA

-got an e-mail couple days ago-
It stated that ‘Environmental Solutions’ will be putting on a radon class in Omaha, NE on August 31st and September 1st, 16 hrs.

I called the rep whose contact info was on the e-mail today and registered.

Now I can’t find any more info and haven’t received confirmation. She said they haven’t got the Location/hotel booked yet- are still working on it- said that they may need two locations or two dates, as they’ve had good response.

She also offered membership with ESA for a reduced price, which I declined.

About now, I’m wondering if I’ve been scammed-

Anybody else get this e-mail?- or know anything about ‘Environmental Solution Associates’?

They claimed that Pro-lab has done classes for them, also mentioned NACHI

So?..Waddaya Think?

Well the class seems to be true: http://www.esaassociation.com/seminarschedule.asp

As for ESA, just give them a call. I’ve seen quick turn around times mostly with them, but it’s possible a mistake was made.

tom

P.S. Do you answer all email solicitations? What is your email? :wink:

Sorry if this double posts, it didn’t post the other way.

I don’t have any statistics to base this on, but I doubt ESA scams anyone.
Dan Blanchard, CMA
Designated member of ESA

I’m also a member of ESA, I took their mold courses but not their radon course. I’m sure it’s just a matter of logistics (as their rep. stated to you).

Good luck!

Tom, Dan, & Chris-

Thanks for the feedback!

It sound like my concerns were unfounded.
I looked at esaassociation.com, as you said, and saw the posting for the Omaha radon training has been added. I still haven’t got a confirmation like they said, so I’ll try to contact the rep again, but thanks again.

Someone asked if I answer all e-mail solicitations- what’s that about?
I answer those that interest me- does that answer your question?

BTW

The NACHI message board has been (and still is), an immense help to me as I strive to do my job better every day. Even when I first started, which was only about 1 1/2 years ago, on those days when there wasn’t much happening, I could still grow by soaking up the wisdom of contributors, and learn from other’s experiences.

Thanks again to people like you guys,
Bill

Yes, ESA is solid. They may be taking a bit longer while they make up for one rep who left the company recently.

Sorry about the delay in Feedback from Michele. I have told her to contact you today. If anyone is interested in this Radon class please contact her at 570-326-0708 or Michele@esaassociation.com

If any NACHI member would like to see a Radon class scheduled in their area please let ESA know. We sometimes have trouble deciding which State to present a class to. Your input to us as NACHI members is very important and always helpful in scheduling classes.

Just contact me Bernie.Katz@esaassociation.com with your suggestions.
Bernie Katz, Training Director

Thanks Bernie. Also folks… ESA classes are www.IAC2.org approved.