Radon Mitigation

Hello,

I was wondering if any of my NACHI brothers and sisters do, or could recommend, a radon mitigation service in, or around, the Northampton County, Pennsylvania Area.

The question has come up a few times if I would do it, but I feel at this time it’s not a service I want to offer.

Thank you,

tom

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/airwaste/rp/radon_division/Rn_Services_Directory/County%20Mitigation.pdf

Thank you Joe.

Was wondering if a NACHI person was involved in the field.

tom

None that I am aware of.

There are several Members Licensed to do the Testing as part of the Inspection but the Mitigation is an additional Licensing.

Also it would contravine the NACHI COE as we (and members of other orgs) are barred from offering repair services on inspected properties for 12 months from inspection.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry,

In Pennsylvania (by Law), Home Inspectors properly licensed as PCO’s and Radon Mitigators may offer and/or perform Pesticide Treatment and install Radon Mitigation systems.

Not True.

From the NACHI COE…

*Duty to the Public *

1. *The NACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to structure on which the member or member’s company has prepared a home inspection report, for a period of 12 months. ****This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in the NACHI standards of practice.