Radon regulated states

I looked at the State of Georgia site and the UGA site. All I can find out about Georgia is where to take Radon classes and how to get test kits.

Anyone know if Georgia is regulated.

I emailed the office and got this.
Sorry, I am out of the office due to a family illness.

If you have questions about radon testing and mitigation, please go to http://www.fcs.uga.edu/ext/housing/radon/ for information on ordering radon test kits and contacting a radon educator in your area.

If your question concerns radon issues during a home purchase, you can go to the EPA Home Buyers and Sellers Guide to Radon at www.epa.gov/radon/pubs/hmbyguid.html

I’ve got a 2008 ESA book which has Georga listed as not regulated. It’s still to get the OK from the state before doing tests.

Thanks Janet.

Michael,
If you visit www.radongas.org, go to the bottom of the page to Find a Radon Professional, then on the next page at the bottom chose the state and it will pull up Georgia Radon Professionals.

The website is for the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP). This program is in conjuction with the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA).

The website will give you great information about becoming qualified to conduct radon testing. The EPA has recognized NEHA-NRPP and here in the south the NRSB or National Radon Safety Board as qualifying entities for measurement and mitigation.

I hope this helps. If you already knew this, sorry for the post.