radon training

Originally Posted By: dlee2
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Looking for advice on radon training at home. There are several on the NEHA website. Can anybody recommend one.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Come to the NACHI convention in Orlando Feb. 4-8, 2006. RCTA will be teaching the 16 hour certification course. You can have fun, and learn at the same time. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: gporter

Blaine will it meet the florida requirements to become licensed.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: psabados

Gary

Yes it will. There will be a special test given at the end of the session for Florida members. There is a very slight difference between the National program and the Florida Program (basically 2 hrs less of classtime and a different test)

This program will meet both standards

Paul

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Originally Posted By: psabados

BTW this session usually will run you around 300.00 or more to attend. Also class size will be limited to only 80 students at this time.

Paul

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Originally Posted By: mlong

dlee2 wrote:
Looking for advice on radon training at home. There are several on the NEHA website. Can anybody recommend one.

David, if you can't do the training at the convention, or want to get started before then, I took a correspondence course through Celia Rajkovich, RRPT, a Health Physicist in Aliquippa, PA. I thought the course was very well done and Celia was very helpful in answering any questions that I had as I went through the course. It cost $125 for the course, and then, of course you will have to take the NEHA exam in a proctored setting, which also costs $125. (Celia also offered a crash study session right before the exam for those of us taking the exam in near Pittsburgh.) And then, if Kentucky has licensing, you'll also need your state license.

You can see info about Celia and her services at http://celiar.home.comcast.net

--
Mark Long
Peace of Mind Home Inspections
http://www.pomhi.net