Helps with TI marketing. . . :wink:

window1.jpg

window3.JPG

window2.JPG

A couple more. . .

wall2.JPG

wall1.jpg

wall3.JPG

Rain in Chicago, as well. Record temperatures, yesterday (62 degrees in January. Thank G-d for global warming :mrgreen: )

I just love covering my (crude term for the rear portion of the of my body that women can’t stop looking at :cool: ).

DSCF4996small.JPG

IR_0170.jpg

Pull your pants up Will.:stuck_out_tongue:

Or down, if it helps your business! :smiley:

My point is that thermal imaging is a great way to cover ones butt and see things that they would not normally see (because they were not naked eye visual at the time of the inspection).

The same thing is true with Jeff’s example. Do you want to get the call back, in a month or two after the buyer’s move in, and try to explain to them how you missed that leak around the window or in the skylight?

I just love the camera’s ability to check skylights. These (above) pictures were from a new construction condo. No visual evidence of water intrusion, but I saw this with the camera, git out my ladder and checked with the Protimeter, and, sure enough, it was wet. Bad flashing. The builder was there and was very impressed. he told the client that this find, alone, was worth the cost of the inspection :smiley: .

Imagine that! The builder telling the buyer that the inspector was worth it? What is this world coming to.

The Builder asked for my card and told me that he would be calling me to inspect every one of his buildings before listing.

Besides, we all know that there are only two types of skylights, those that are leaking and those that will be leaking shortly :wink:

Besides, if one covers ones own butt, they are also covering their client’s but as well.

With all of the bank owned properties currently being sold, the time is ripe for buyers to purchase a “money-pit.” There are virtually no disclosures as to the condition of the property and the former owner has no obligation to provide any information to potential buyers.

As in the case where my pictures were taken, the bank goes in and paints, re-carpets and occasionally replaces windows. On the surface, these home look great - especially considering their price - but may have many concealed defects.

To protect consumers, CA has some of the most stringent real estate disclosure laws in the nation. This consumer protection is lost with the foreclosure process. As Home Inspectors, we are the next line of defense for the buyer, and our liability is compounded as a result of nondisclosure on the part of the banks.

My attorney is currently writing a disclaimer to address this matter specifically.

Can I use this quote in my marketing campaigns.

Wow Jeff, this is a great statement.

Please let me know what your attorney comes up with because I think we all need this information.

Use it as you wish. . .

http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/firstnew.gif Rain In CA
Jeffrey R. Pope 1/8/08 1:57 PMby Jeffrey R. Pope http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/lastpost.gif 880

It never rains in California. Or at least that is what the song says;-)

Great images!
Randy

I want to add this to my new newsletter. Also I am running ads and each month I will be addressing foreclosures in them. I would really like to take your statements and changed them a little to fit my area.

Can you send me more information that you feel buyers should know before they purchase a foreclosure ?

You really posted one of the best statements I have seen in awhile. Thank you.

So true. I bought a banked owned REO in 2007 and was very very careful. Of course being a HI helped.:D:D

Property was winterized when I made the offer and a condition of purchase was verification of systems AFTER de-winterization.

Great pics!

I’ve loved the fact that it’s finally been raining here in California for the last few days. Seems to be clearing up now unfortunately!

Dominic

Rain in Decker Territory:
New construction. Builder loved the IR demo I gave him on his own home.:wink:

IR_0065 (Small).jpg

P1080085 (Small).JPG

IR_0064 (Small).jpg

Last year was great in Texas, we had a record wet spring and summer. Around 30% of the homes I inspected had a leak that I could have only found with my IR. I have decided that a good hard rain once a week would be perfect for me…now if I just had the power to arrange it…

Didn’t tape the windows and had Polish bricklayers and that “trim” stone strip above the windows wasn’t properly flashed.

People have to learn that with bricj veneer, such stone trim has to be specifically flashed. Such details are normally found on masonry structure walls, but added and specially installed.

These “old world” masons try for the same effect on brick veneer walls, with this result. They don’t realize how the inter wall space works and take the detail stone all the way back to the house wrap. This is the result.

This is what happens when “old world” craftsmen (and very good at what they do. No slam to Polish people or these workers intended.) and “new world” construction techniques (like wood framing with brick and stone veneer) collide and the lack of continuing education requirements for many of the “licensed” trades.

CORRECTION: Talked to Linus and I missed something. He said that the first thermal image was taken fron the interior if the 2nd floor. I didn’t see (stupid me!) that the dormer over the 2nd floor window was not flashed.

I stand corrected. The 2nd thermal image meets my description. The first is just lack of dormer completion.

The NACHI board. Always an education!

Hope this helps.

Will, did you confirm the exception in purple with a moisture meter?
Peter