Random Photos - What have you shot lately (non-inspection)

Nothing better than chili. Something that I have always wondered, does anyone besides me put a little brown sugar in their chili recipe?

4 Likes

I add a can of baked beans to mine to add that bit of sweetness…

6 Likes

Never tried it but it sounds good. I use stewed tomatoes and dark red kidney beans that add a good bit of “sweetness” to it.

4 Likes

I also add a large can of stewed tomatoes…

6 Likes

I’ve used brown sugar before, I’ve also used BBQ sauce.

4 Likes

Try black beans. You won’t regret it.

4 Likes

Our P.O.S. clothes dryer quit working again so last night I took the wife shopping for a new set of machines. They will be delivered just after Christmas, so in the meantime, I ordered a new heating element for the dryer. Factory OEM part $170.00 plus shipping can be delivered in 2 weeks, Amazon aftermarket part $32.00 and will be here tomorrow. Beats going to the laundromat.

3 Likes

Yes, can’t beat Amazon for parts and delivery. I order a lot of parts from there.

4 Likes

Indeed, been using my “Prime Membership” a lot lately. It pays for itself in shipping fees alone.

1 Like

Yes, we have as well. We done all of our Christmas shopping through Amazon last year and this year.

2 Likes

Was it the heating element both times? If so, might want to clean that duct :smile:

The last time the blower fan sucked in one of my grand-daughter’s socks and grenaded it. LOL. Since I had everything apart, everything got cleaned, even the 30 foot duct to the outside. Because of it’s length and location, I have to clean it every 2-3 months. It wasn’t that bad this time…

2 Likes

Ever thought of installing a booster fan? I have on my dryer vent and it makes a big difference.
https://www.amazon.com/dryer-vent-booster-fan/s?k=dryer+vent+booster+fan

Right now I just hook a few of these kits together and stab it from the outside with the dryer running (no clothes in it) on high temp. Only takes 10 minutes, 20 if I hook my shop-vac to the dryer end. I like your idea though. Will check it out for sure.

I was about to suggest the same thing David when I saw that post from Mike.

1 Like

Be sure to read the fine print on the dryer. All the new ones should have a dryer vent equivalent distance rating. You are a ~30’ now you say. Does that run have any bends?

1 Like

I have found that using the non-prime free shipping for the last year, or so, has gotten delivered about 1/2 as slow as they initially said. For instance, if they said it would be delivered by 12/10/21 when I ordered it on 12/2/21, I often get updated emails that say my package is now being delivered sooner on 12/6/21. I don’t know why.

1 Like

Only a 90 degree bend where it goes through the floor and into the floor joists. Straight run after that. I have a short (3 Ft.) flex duct connecting the unit to the wall, the more rigid style not the cheap flimsy crap. In total the ducting measures just over 27 ft actually. The bends should equate to about 6-8 additional feet in CFM calcs. As I recall, a 90 degree bend equates to a 5 foot +/- run, or close to that depending on duct size. It’s been quite a while since I had to crunch numbers for ductwork…

I think you are correct on the 5’ addition for each 90.

That’s prolly cause You’re special Larry , but I have had the same experience.

2 Likes