Random Photos - What have you shot lately (non-inspection)

Earlier this year…

8 Likes

Nothing beats sitting in a deer stand on a day off. Even if it is raining and there are no deer, lol.

4 Likes

Any “bad” hunting day is better than a good day at work.:wink:

4 Likes

Welp, I haven’t been seeing any deer from my stands. Two days left in the season.

In one of my stands, the turkeys have been keeping me entertained at least. Unfortunately for them, I think every other round in the shotgun will have to be bird shot these last two days. :turkey:

5 Likes

That is some Blaire Witch woods right there!

2 Likes

Loved those movies!

2 Likes

Just a different perspective from a former deer hunter.
Back when I did, 45 plus years ago, I started out using tree stands and few “luxury” condo stands. Never had much luck, plus I got tired of sitting. I decided to stay on the ground. Sit and stood next to large trees. Moved every 30 minutes or so. Bagged more this way than I ever did sitting in a tree or condo. JMHO… :wink:

3 Likes

Yep. Good strategy as well. I do sometimes do that, mostly when it’s real cold. One thing around my area is that there are other hunters within range, as well as a few farm places. So if you are moving around, you always have to be highly aware of which direction you might be shooting.

3 Likes

Same here, Tom.

3 Likes

Morning light, Kennebunkport, Maine.

9 Likes

Drove past this place today and snapped a couple of shots, it’s an old ammo plant that has quite a history that has sat vacant & dilapidated for decades. A couple of years ago I was glad to hear that there were investors that were going to save and repurpose this awesome place.

Peters Cartridge Factory Opening as Apartments - Abandoned Spaces

6 Likes

Cleaned up the garden for the winter and had these hardy boys still growing…

10 Likes

Right on. We still have some potatoes and swiss chard growing. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We just dug our carrots out yesterday, Michael.

Nothing like garden fresh veggies…mmmmm.

6 Likes

We had an early hard freeze that wiped out several of our plants, and subsequent freezes that took out the rest. We still made out with quite a bit this year though.

1 Like

The winter “limited roof inspection” began today in my area at this inspection.

11 Likes

Get up there and clean the roof off! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh no, not setting that precedent. Snow = No Go

3 Likes

yikes, what is it?

2 Likes

Do you come back and inspect at another time or is it just handled as a typical limitation?

2 Likes