Randon Measurement Test Frustration

NRPP website has a few good aides
Document MAH_2014 is the NRPP Protocol guide.
It has some useful tables and flow charts. I found it to be helpful.
There are 2 sets of flashcards as well for mitigation and measurement with about 200 questions.

Nick, your Advanced Radon Course is the BEST course out there. I have taken 3 courses and 3 exams over my 16 year career as a radon tester and INTERNACHI’s is the BEST. Even with that and getting 100% on your course, practice and final, I STILL didn’t know 11 of the questions on the NRPP exam and felt there was no way we covered that material. I have to wonder if there is any inspector out there who isn’t a scientist that has ever gotten better than 90% on the NRPP exam, it’s brutal!

Who has taken the test lately? The last post was from so long ago. Any ideas on what to concentrate on? Aside from everything?

wrong test im sorry

Just took the exam today. It didn’t go well. The prior posts in this thread are still accurate for the exam. I wish i would have seen this before wasting money on the exam.
This may help. there were a bunch of EPA questions.

2 Likes

I just took the test yesterday, and I feel the same way as you. Thank you for the info!

Welcome to our forum, Dave…enjoy! :smile:

It’s been 4 years since I took the national test, but I’ll share my experience:

I first studied the information from the Nachi classes, several times. I did not feel comfortable that I was prepared for the test.

So I signed up with a nation radon course for an in classroom course that was being held nearby. It was a total waste of time and money. All they did was promote their products.

After looking for another classroom environment course, I found one a couple hours away. It did require me to drive 3 hours and rent a hotel for the weekend, but it was worth it. At the end of the course, I was able to take the exam. A week later, I got the results and passed.

The moral to the story is there is a lot of information to absorb. I’m old school and prefer classroom settings. They allow you to interact with the instructor, ask questions and clarify any confusion.

The classroom course and hotel cost me extra money, but I only had to take the exam once to pass.

1 Like

Adam, we feel your pain. The license/certification process for PA DEP is so convoluted! It took almost a month to get all the ducks in a row to submit for certification - the biggest was the QA Program Plan document that has to accompany all your testing certification! My poor office manager was working 12 hour days for almost a week trying to get everything together!

My experience with any licensing, particularly here in PA, is that everything is convoluted for no reason. They also love to phrase the questions in such a manner that you really have to be sure you know what questions they are actually asking when you go to answer the question because they try to trick you or trip you up. I love the state but hate the Commonwealth.

Tangent: checked out your website and the monster inspection thing is awesome.