Range exhaust hood question

about 18 years ago when i was the dish boy at the high class joint downtown, we had the huge gaylord hoods like all resteraunts do, however the cielings were only 8 ft. so we had those stupid foam corners taped to the stainless hoods, and of course i found out why, the hard way, at least twice a night.](*,)

Slow learner…:wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi. Jay;

Now you know from the hurt of your head that Commercial Hoods should be installed at between 78" - 84" in height. Compared to Residential, 36"+ 18" + 30" - 18", 15", or 12" -6" for the hood = 5’ 0", 5’ 3", and 5’ 6" respectively to the bottom of the hood.

Sounds like the Commercial Hood was set at residential heights. Bang head learn something, right? Ouch. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

not to mention that each time i did it, i forgot i did it shortly after. strange, but i can’t figure out why that is…sorry, what was i saying?:roll:

the real issue was a commercal kitchen in a residential building. the ceilings were only 8’, the hood was almost 2.5’ from the ceiling, that leaves 5.5’ from the floor, i’m 5’7’’ and the dent was 2’’ down on my fore head. that adds up perfect to me.:mrgreen: