Raynor garage doors

That is our job, to gather all the data possible and fill out the form as accurately as possible.

I have seen clients get credits for an A3 rating. I have also had several not get any credit for an A3 box marked on the form. They got no credit for any opening protection and that was from Universal.

I tell all of my clients that you “may” get discounts for these features…you “may” not. Only the Shadow knows for sure… :roll:

Citizens hasn’t figured it out. Just got a call from a client and Citizens is not giving him any credit for opening protection, as the side and front solid doors could not be verified. A3= no credit in the HVHZ.

Maybe they are going to take my advice and come up with a one page form after all!
Roof Hip or not.
Roof to wall, clip, single wrap, or double wrap.
Opening protection…all or nothing!

Then it wasn’t an A3 rating, was it? Inside the HVHZ, all openings must be impact rated or protected with verified products. There, it is A3 or X.

This is true with all carriers. Inside the HVHZ, all openings are required to be impact rated or protected with verified products. Only A1 counts.

It seems to not count outside the HVHZ. Got another call from a client in Boca Raton. Not A1, no credit for any opening protection from Citizens. He was an A3 as well.

That doesn’t sound right. Maybe the verification was not enough for the underwriter. Interesting

I told the client to go up the food chain. He had a brand new garage door and the other garage door had been changed, but no one knows when. The back door to the one garage was the original from 1988. He is going to change that one anyway, but it looks like one garage door is preventing him from getting a discount. He has all new hurricane windows and doors as well.