Re-Bar Ground Rod

See this in NJ all the time.

It usually comes up inside the wall in Florida. They put a blank cover over the hole so it remains accessible. They generally paint them green so they don’t get poured solid when they are pouring the dowelled cells. (the vertical #5s that connect the footer to the tie beam).
There are “rebar” listed acorns but it is not all of them. There are also lots of 2 part bronze clamps rebar listed too, usually you see them in pools.

Final word on this subject. I spoke with the local electrical inspector regarding the placement of UFER rebar. The code did change in 2005, our local inspection office adopted the change mid-2006. Rebar is permitted, and this electrical inspector did not see a problem with the type of clamp shown in the photo posted page one. I still called this out for safety reasons, trip hazard. Another learning experience, thanks to everyone for the responses.

John Evans

I think it is probably a Ufer as ground rods are usually required to be driven down flush with the grade and away from the buiilding, it is definitely a trip hazard. If that’s in a garage, I hope the owner has a tire store. JMO