Read the message board rules:

I am trying and I will take your advice to heart!

*]Let us hope that “The Powers that Be” will clean up this disgraceful mess so that we can ALL hold our heads up high!

Frank

Thread is getting too complex for me

rlb

Please reread my original answer to you… It basically states that the NACHI message board is “broken” and needs to be “Fixed”.

• I am one of many who has contributed to this damage and this message board.
  • It is a shame and a disgrace to us all!
    The Bulletin Board is the “FACE” of NACHI and right now I and many, many others are embarrassed of the face / image that we are projecting to the Entire Real Estate Industry and to the Home Inspectors across our nation.

Non Members have ALWAYS been allowed to come onto this BB and violate our BB rules and regulations virtually “at Will” with NO PENALTY!

NOW we are being encouraged to engage them “in debate” on an open forum that the ENTIRE world can see!

• **WHY!:twisted: **
    Why should we be subjected to their abuse in the first place?
    NO OTHER BB WOULD ALLOW THIS!
  1. ASHI would not allow it!

2. TIJ would not allow it!

3. NAHI would not allow it!

NACHI is supposed to be the “Best” association on the planet!
When we are forced to defend ourselves against the abuse, slander, and ridicule from non members how can we maintain our dignity? How can we maintain our Honor?

If their is no Honor or Dignity in how we respond how can we falsely claim to be “The Best Home Inspectors Association on the planet?”

ALL of this comes from having message Board rules in place and NOT enforcing them!!!

• Our system is broken… WE need to fix it!
    **Quote: **Originally Posted by rbennett
    Lets get practical here
    Okay, let’s see just how easy it is to get “practical”!

Who has the time, money and judgment to monitor???
*Look at ASHI, TIJ, and all of the other home inspector bulletin boards! *

NACHI Has money, and plenty of it. Certainly enough to hire staff personnel to make sure that the message board rules are not abused/violated.
Judgment? It is actually quite simple.
You do not need judgment when you have clearly defined rules and regulations. You treat everything like a math problem either the person is following the rules and regulations or they are not.!

Who would want to turn off someone based on their personal views of religion, the english language etc???
So under that rationale … if a member of the KKK came on and started spouting hatred against black people and Jews that would be okay with you?

If I were to use my command of the English language to cuss out everyone I became angry with what that be okay with you?

We all are adults and responsible for our own actions.
Obviously you either do not understand, or you refuse to understand that there are nonmembers here with a specific agenda to;

1. Ridicule NACHI as a professional association.

2. Discredit NACHI as a professional association.

*3. Slander and ridicule Nick Gromicko as our founder. *

4. Slander, ridicule, and can disparage several of our individual members because we dare to defend ourselves against them!

*They are here to defame, and discredit us individually and as a whole!

• They could not get away with this malicious behavior on any other professional home inspectors bulletin board!
    If I were a monitor I would shut down all non hi posting - jokes - personal shots - religion etc. Trust me I would even kill most of my own posts*

*Lets leave a good thing *that is working *alone
Just because you can “post” on the bulletin board does not mean that it is working!

• This “NACHI system” is so broken that it has become a black eye to the home inspectors industry and a public disgrace!
    Just because a SMALL number get bent and/or get bend out of shape sorry

Get a life

Out of 9,000 plus members list how many are VOICING objections.
The numbers speak for themselves!

We have over 9000 members and yet out of the 9000 approximately 300 post on this bulletin board!

• Have you ever wondered why?
    At many of my chapter meetings this bulletin board is discussed and the majority or in agreement that it is a place to stay away from and not to be “professionally associated with”!

Most members are ashamed, and I repeat ashamed of this bulletin board!
I for one would never send any of my potential clients, or any real estate agent/broker to this bulletin board!

Follow the rules that the OWNER has posted and all will be fine
That it seems to be the entire topic of conversation!

It is quite obvious that “the system is broken” and that the nonmembers are not, and I repeat not following the rules!

[size=3]Yet they are posting at will and to make matters worse the new “rule” encourages / forces members to engage them in an “open forum” or the nonmembers can’t cuss you out at will! If they do so what is the penalty to them?

If we retaliate what is the penalty to us? We can lose our membership![/size]

If you want to do something else start your own BB that you own

Your $$ get you a lot – why would you want less??
Why would we want less abuse? The answers kind of obvious don’t you think!
rlb*

The message board rules are in place and are not being enforced!

• This bulletin board has become a disgrace to the home inspectors industry!
  • These new “rules” only encourage and exacerbate the situation!
    This bulletin board is the “face” of NACHI, it is the “face” that we present the entire Real Estate and home inspectors industry!

*]I am truly and ***deeply embarrassed ***and ashamed of the face that we were presenting to the Real Estate and Home Inspectors world
It is time to get our house in order!

In my opinion Non-Members should be restricted to one thread, and that’s the ASKNACHI thread.

But it’s not only the non-members that create havoc here, there are a few select members that are literally leaving a huge damn mess and make the entire organization look like a bunch of monkeys. These folks should be dealt with, but never will.

JMO

Yes then we get some members who must post long rambling letters with huge print and say nothing over and over again.
…Cookie

I’ve got much respect for Frank C., but I have a difficult time reading half of his posts as well.

But that’s Franks style, and nothing wrong with that. Except he’ll lose half his audience because they need a decoder ring to read them. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Joe, Jim, nothing changed. We only added a reminder (at the bottom) that the restrictions of the MISC forum are not to be used to taunt non-members who have no technical way of responding in the MISC forum. This MISC forum is reserved as a safe haven, non-members can’t post on this forum, and members should refrain from hiding behind the MISC forum restrictions so as to take pot shots at non-members who can’t technically respond.

Seems fair to me.

So you restrict members, while you allow non members to abuse us, and expect us to argue with them in the publics view. No problem, just remember that you asked for it.

Huh? How would I stop a non-member from abusing you? Are you under the impression that I have some way of stopping them?

Anyway, the MISC forum is a place where you DON’T have to argue with non-members… like the members-only forums, non-members can’t post here.

It is a safe haven that we have provided members.

Nick,

Are you aware that an expelled member is hacking the board and publishing falsely and slanderously that Ken is a felon, jailed in Florida?

These libelous statements are being made and published (and Googled) and Ken is helpless in stopping them. That is where his frustration is stemming from.

Inviting him to engage, directly, a scumball who is not supposed to be posting on the MB in the first place, does not make sense to him. Or me.

I’m also helpless… that’s why they call it “hacking.”

It sucks when you have a common name like that.

If it was easy enough for Ray to find it, just think how many others have found it without the use of the NACHI MB. I have, a *looong *time ago.

New MB rule: Don’t post idiotic ramblings about nothing and people won’t come after you.

Ken you of all people should not be complaining.
You attacked me from the get go and said very very many not nice things and continued to challenge me and call me names when I said I was a free thinker.
People who live in glass homes should not throw stones .
You can give it out now you should be able to receive it.
Your very first post was confrontational and now you are upset when some comes back.
If you are not a felon then just ignore it if you are a felon then just ignore it .
Adding fuel to the post just keeps it front and center.
If you can not stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen
You reap what you sew and some comes back and upsets .
Too bad Ken you are receiving a little of what you have given out .
Quit crying .
…Cookie

You’re so right Roy, Ray has every right to say anything he wishes. I guess I will cheer him on as he proves how worthless your CMI designation is, remember, he knows how you bought your’s and Char’s for $75 each. So don’t get upset or try to defend yourself, because it’s true.

Thanks for your post .
I see you still have not much idea on what goes on in the inspection world. That is why you are comp-laing about how others are making a good living and you are struggling.
I sent you material before you asked for and offered to send more but no you like to complain about every one else and how bad the world treats you.
I have no idea why you wish to show your jealousy with all who are trying to give you help.
Sorry for you Ken but I do think most of your wounds and complaints are self inflicted.
All the best and do hope you manage to get a couple of inspections this week.
…Cookie

Another rule, keep your mouth shut and your nose out of everything, quit dogpiling everyone and maybe no one will tell you to shoot your dog. Hey, I’m local, any time you feel the need to come after me, come on brat.

LOL…Your just too much. Ken I wouldn’t waste a good sh!t on you.

Have a good one! :smiley:

JMO, but you should have been booted long before Wand.

I also don’t have the need to come after you anyhow. Nothing but love here. Your the one full of hatred.

They never should have let you in. At least I don’t sell repairs.

This is also not one of your better posts Ken if you want to get along with some one not a good way to do it.
You say you are local then all the more reason to try and get along .
You should try and get some to take you out on inspections to learn how to do a good inspection and see the proper way to get along with people.
… All the best Ken …Cookie