Ready to Start

Originally Posted By: lhenning
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I joined NACHI a few months back while I was still educating myself on the fundamentals of HI. I took a distance learning course through Professional Career Development Institutes’s School of HI - I would highly recommend this to anyone starting out; very informative and thorough. The course cost just under $500 and they throw in some basic tools… I also took an Intro. course at the community college, read additional books and I am utilizing NACHI’s free library (great member benefit!) I am currently seeking Insurance, developing promotional materials and scheduled myself some “practice” inspections…

Any advice/comments/suggestions/experiences as to:
*What's my next step
*Report writing
*What do I need to do in terms of
my first 100 inspections in
regards to Supervision...
Any info. for a newbie would be appreciated!

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Lee,

The best thing for you to do is to participate in a few ride alongs until you are familiar with inspections.

After you perform a few turn them into NACHI for review. If you need to do anything additional such as education they will have you do a few more.

After this you are ready to go out on your own. You will need someone to sign off on those inspection until you reach 100. I believe Nick has set up a committee that looks over the reports and signs off on them, you will have to check with him.

After you have done this, you are on your own. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

DELETED

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: lhenning

Thanks Joe M.

Joe H. - I am located in Pittsburgh, PA