Real Estate Company Agreement

Originally Posted By: bwiley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
Coming soon: NACHI plans to announce an exclusive agreement with one of the nation's largest real estate franchises to put our FindAnInspector.US link on all their websites.

When it's done, it will be great for all of us. Are we close? Any update?

Blaine ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Putting this up at the top for Nick or Joe to answer when they have time…I’m curious also.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Since nearly all real estate offices are independently owned I’ve been working it office by office.

You can do it too by explaining to the broker/owner of your local real estate office that he/she should use you exclusively because your NACHI pre-inspection agreement covers the agents. In it your client agrees that a real estate agent is just a sales person and to hold the agents harmless.

Email me at nick.gromicko@nachi.org if you want a copy of this language for your attorney's review. You can then add it to your own pre-inspection agreement.

Also, NACHI attorney Joe Ferry & I are meeting Monday morning to finish up our NACHI arbitration service (dispute arbitration for NACHI members). This helps get us bigger E&O discounts.

It's all coming together.

Nick

PS It is correct that I do not visit the members-only section of this message board unless specifically asked to.

Originally Posted By: Joseph A. Ferry

I should note also that I do not visit the Members Only section, either, and would need a special dispensation from the Grand High Exalted Mystic Leader to do so since I am not a member.

Joe Ferry
NACHI General Counsel

Originally Posted By: eharden

post, not to mention the work that you have done on the arbitration issue should merit a pro bono membership. I get the impression that your advise to this organization and its members is going to be indispensable.

Eric Harden

First Choice Inspection Services

"That which does not kill me, makes me stronger."

Originally Posted By: pdacey

I second Eric’s idea.

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: psabados

One would think that the NACHI attorney would automatically be a NACHI Member.

If not, an honorarium should be given to him. If that doesn't fit the bill how about a key to the back door. No doubt, that in the future, there will be matters that the members should be kept privately informed of and participate in.

Paul

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Thanks for posting Joe. I can make you an honorary member, but with you being both a REALTOR and our attorney, I wouldn’t want you to start doing inspections too. icon_wink.gif

Nick

Originally Posted By: Joseph A. Ferry

Nor would anyone else. Curiously, my father could - and often did - take our house apart and put it back together again on his weekends off. The Budd Company used to borrow tools from him. A real handyman. Me? I’m a, what, foot-yman? I know the telephone number of the plumber.

Joe Ferry
NACHI General Counsel