Real Property Times' WORST Inspector of the Year Award.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/nachinews.htm

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

What newspaper? I don’t see a newspaper. Oh the one that he purchased for all of the members. Add nauseam…

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: tallen

Thanks Joe.

I agree it is in poor taste.

This is not the kind of information NACHI should be publishing.

We should stick to the positive things about home inspections, and forget about degrading someone else or there Org.

My 2 cents

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I ask that those who don’t know the long history of PHIC’s endless attacks on NACHI and the damage this Jack Milne does to Pennsylvania inspectors and home buyers refrain from comment. I’m not taking it anymore. I’m tired of returning serves. I’m going on offense. They can go on damage control now… or better yet, just go out of business. See how long they can withstand my weight. They have to be stopped and it looks like I have to do it. I don’t like it any more than you do.

I will post a copy of the 32 page paper in pdf format in members only section on Wednesday.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Nick,

I have found that being nicer to my neighbors than they are to me makes my other neighbors take notice.

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

gromicko wrote:
I I'm not taking it anymore. I'm tired of returning serves. I'm going on offense. They can go on damage control now... or better yet, just go out of business. See how long they can withstand my weight. They have to be stopped and it looks like I have to do it. I don't like it any more than you do.

Wow, look out ASHI.

OH wrong thread... ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

We are nice. Last year we dropped all our law suits against them in return, they agreed to drop theirs. They didn’t.

Personally, I didn't care. NACHI is so strong and moving so fast, nothing can hurt us. There are two problems though that REQUIRE me to act: The small problem is the shear number of damaged consumers that expect me to do something as the ED of NACHI to stop him from hurting other consumers. The big problem is the number of YOUR fellow NACHI members that are hurt by Jack Milne. He pulled a stunt in Reading that almost knocked some of YOUR fellow members out of business. We were able to fix it but some damage was done to YOUR fellow members. I have a duty to YOUR fellow members... duty calls.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I am sorry. I do not see the benefits of posting, much less publishing icon_eek.gif

the information that started this thread. Do you really think that publishing that info will help NACHI?

By the way will I receive a paper?

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Todd:

No, it will not help NACHI at all.

Nevertheless I cannot allow an inspector to continually hurt consumers in our home state and even if I could look the other way on that issue, I sure as hell can't allow anyone to hurt your fellow NACHI members in the City of Reading without doing something about it. It is my duty. You guys in AZ know that I take this duty seriously and won't shirk it ever. He'll be out of business by summer.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I have talked to a few people in the AZ BTR and not one of them has ever heard of you. Maybe I talked to the wrong person.

Please do not take offence I am just telling it like it is.

By the way ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) will I receive a paper?

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

starting this Wednesday.

Anyway, PHIC went to the City of Reading and told the city that NACHI members should not be permitted to participate in the city's inspector certification program (required there by law) because NACHI does not qualify in PA because we don't have members in 10 states. They took Jack Milne and Joe Kelly at their word and passed an ordinance that left NACHI out. We got it all straightened out and I'm pleased to announce that NACHI members were welcomed into the city's inspector certification program. This was an attack on individual, unsuspecting, hard working NACHI members who are just trying to feed their families. Say what you like about me, but try to financially hurt one of my members and I will focus all my weight on you until you collapse... it is my duty... and speaking of my weight... I'm eating as I type this ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) .

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

If he had any brains he could have seen that I don’t care if he sues and bashes NACHI until the cows come home. Everyone on this message board knows I try to protect the NACHI basher’s freedom of speech rights. Bash away. I don’t mind and often am too busy to even notice.

But attack a fellow NACHI member's business and I launch all the nukes. Mousepads, press releases, and faxes flood his market simultaneously with the mailing of the newspaper. Type his name into a search engine and the sites I'm constructing about him will come up. I'm funding all of it myself. I'll have 95% of his business destroyed by summer.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

If they were not fined then they did not violate AZ law. If they would have been found in violation they would have been fined or punished to one degree or another. I seriously doubt that NACHI influenced the BTR one way or another.

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

I agree, but it was certainly selective prosecution. Anyway, I’m happy with AZ. I suffered a couple cuts and scratches but for our members… All’s well that ends well.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I want a beer icon_confused.gif So, I am going to bed

I will argue with you tomorrow.

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

No beer for me… OR YOU. I want something else to eat though icon_lol.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

inspectors when NACHI’s first newspaper hits the streets. The contents should be amazing.

DRIVE ON...
![](upload://nS9w0olJNqeKKRkQomEoKqQatjF.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Nick,

I admire your fighting spirit and there is little doubt that your enthusiasm and drive has been the fuel that launched this rocket called NACHI; however, knowing that your time and energy are not limitless resources, I ask that you consider the following:

One of several national HI organizations, ASHI, has embarked on an expensive and long term mission to establish itself as the only credible association for HI members to belong to.

Instead of working hard to create incentives and benefits to members to join, as you have, they have embarked on an effort to corner the market on real estate agency referrals which, according to some estimates, represent up to 80% of the home inspections being accomplished today.

Their commitment to this endeavor is strong, as evidenced by their willingness to shed an estimated 30% of its own membership through its "branding" campaign to assure real estate agents that their search engines would provide ASHI members and not candidates.

ASHI will certainly point to the growth of associations such as ours as not being a choice but a necessity for those HI's that they "denied" access to their referral service.

I feel very strongly that, in light of that association's commitment to its goal, our leaders at NACHI should be equally committed to matters and activities that enhance our credibility - as an association - as well.

I personally believe that, on an equal playing field, the failure or success of an individual HI will lie in his/her own abilities to provide and market their services. I count on NACHI to help to provide that equal playing field, in light of that other association's commitment to stack the deck.

That is why I asked you to "take the high road" on this issue. If a NACHI owned paper gains an immediate reputation for tabloid journalism, it is one less tool we have to use.

While I am a new member to NACHI, I have been an avid reader on all of the forums for about a year. I am familiar with all of the arguments that have been thrown around - mainly by a small core of persons who represent each side - and I am strongly of the opinion that the best thing that NACHI can do for its membership is, as an association, use all of its resources to enhance its credibility.

Jim

Originally Posted By: aslimack

James,

You are the Duke.

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: jbehling

Well said James.