RealMatcher

Originally Posted By: rkuntz
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does anyone know the website for RealMatcher?

Thanks

Ronk

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

RealMatcher, Inc was a new WA based company that never launched when the dotcom bubble burst. They got bought up by another company that hosts online real estate matching services. I bought that company so I got RealMatcher in the deal which I will now launch with NACHI members getting all inspection leads. I also got the URL’s (currently dormant): ReMATCHER.com and RealMATCHER.com

Nick

P.S. Chris is working on some click-thru deal with google.com

Originally Posted By: jremas

Nick, who is the parent company of realmatcher and rematcher? Do they have a website we can access until you get it up and running? or am i confused?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jremas

How are things coming along with ReMatcher and RealMatcher.com?

How many "Consumer Advocacy Group, Inc." companies exist? I thought they were based in California. Do they have a location in Phoenixville too?

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

is built offline. We have thousands of man hours invested into it and it is a killer. It has the ability to catch home buyers way up stream, when they are merely looking for a new home. Currently, by the time a home buyers find out that the seller accepted their offer and that they need to find a home inspector… it is too late. Home inspectors can’t afford to advertise (even online) heavily enough to assure that they’ll be where the home buyers are looking when they go looking for a home inspector. REALmatcher solves this problem for home inspectors by reversing everything and finding the home buyers (rather than the home buyers finding the inspector). It finds them early, while they are still in the “looking for a home” stage and doesn’t wait until they are in the “looking for an inspector” stage… which often is too late.

It is cheaper (actually almost free) for REALmatcher to find the homebuyers and forward (electronically) them the contact information and promotional material of the NACHI member servicing the area their shopping in, than for the inspector to try to advertise enough to have the homebuyer find the inspector. It is of course tied closely to the real estate industry (not only licensed agents/brokers but FSBO and home buyers) and is of use to that industry as well. There are some lead generation reasons it will be desired by real estate agents as well.

Like all http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm this one took time to develop and timing of release has to do with many factors: NACHI's ability to handle the wave (more like a tsunami), REALTOR.com's refusal to include FSBO's, acceptance of broker reciprocity between states, growing reluctance of real estate professionals to recommend particular inspectors for fear of negligent referral suits, etc.

REALmatcher will suck up 95% of the market for NACHI. I promise that REALmatcher will be a benefit worth more to NACHI members than all http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm put together times ten and will be the final act which causes NACHI to be the sole national association for all of North America.

This is why I proposed to the SC to cap membership now (or at least before it's release). I've asked the SC to close down NACHI's membership department and only approve new applications for membership as members retire from NACHI.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

gromicko wrote:
This is why I proposed to the SC to cap membership now (or at least before it's release). I've asked the SC to close down NACHI's membership department and only approve new applications for membership as members retire from NACHI.

Nick,

I know it's your baby, and you can tell the SC and whomever to do whatever, but do you REALLY want to cap NACHI membership and stagnate it?

All you will be doing is forcing other HIs to start and join another new HI association.

With NACHI then being the ASHI of that time, the new association would be the NACHI of that time ... do you want NACHI to become the ASHI of this time?

How about just closing membership to anyone who has ever been to ASHI HQ and / or served ASHI Nationally and anyone who has served their local ASHI Chapter AFTER that announcement cut-off date?

That way, you keep your hated competition out (the ones who ran the ASHI machine) while not cutting off your nose to spite your face.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Jerry:

Do not fear.

The Steering Committee will not allow Nick to cap the Membership.

NACHI will continue to recognize the Experience Level and Professional capabilities of the New Membership.

--
Joseph Hagarty

Jerry,

I wanted to cap membership because we are starting to get dual membership inspectors joining at an alarming rate just so they can get the benefits of NACHI membership, not because they really like us or support us. I realize that some on the SC pride themselves on shear numbers, and I realize that many members (you included) sailed two ships before quitting ASHI and joining NACHI, but here is the little secret (I guess it isn't a secret anymore):

NACHI is better off with NAHI and ASHI being alive but not well. In other words, I believe that if we cap membership, ASHI & NAHI members will have to stay put in there benefit-less associations (just like you say in your post) and that is good for NACHI.

Jerry, you charge more than any inspector I know... surely your business benefits by having the clowns around for your market to compare you to. Same goes for NACHI. My goal is to try to keep ASHI & NAHI alive but not well. I've said too much.

On your other point... as you can see by Joe Hagarty's post, I don't get my way with the SC. In fact, I've lost every major battle: I didn't want a members-only section (you know my feelings about free speech), well we have a members-only section. I wanted Ron B. to remain, well he's out for simply voicing an opinion. I wanted a Canadian member to be put on the SC from the start, well it took the SC a year. I was opposed to our attendance in the ASHI butt-kissing ITA Expo, well we had a booth there. I was opposed to taking the humor out of our entrance exam since it had no effect on scoring, well the exam ain't funny no more. I want to close down the membership department and institute a cap, well... read Joe H's last post.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

gromicko wrote:
well the exam ain't funny no more.

I can hear many people all over laughing about it right now.

As I said, make it harder.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

jhagarty wrote:
NACHI will continue to recognize the Experience Level and Professional capabilities of the New Membership.

Joe,

That is code meaning what?

The exam will stay like it is ("continue")

The exam will get harder? (recognize the Experience Level and Professional capabilities")

![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

The SC allows me to clown around with everything except what must be fulfilled to become a member http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm

I receive some criticism about my marketing workshops being too much like a stand-up comedy routine but I'm just trying not to take myself too seriously.

The problem with the message board (this is what I'm told over and over by inspectors who meet me in person) is that my online message board personality is much more serious than I really am. In real life, I'm basically laughing myself silly all day long.

Emoticons help a little but some think I'm laughing at them. I'm actually laughing at my own jokes most of the time, not that they're funny, I'm just my own favorite comedian.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

jpeck wrote:
jhagarty wrote:

Joe,

That is code meaning what?

No hidden code intended. Factual Statement.

The exam will stay like it is ("continue")

Entry Exam will continue to improve maintaining as close to current Pass-Fail ratios as possible.

The exam will get harder? (recognize the Experience Level and Professional capabilities")

Licensing Exams will have more options as many For-Profit Businesses are entering the training/testing market. Competition will result in improved scoring on all exams.
[/color]

![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
Joseph Hagarty

What is the status on the RealMatcher.Com Project?

Joseph Hagarty

Chris Morrell would know. We’ve been working on taking over the MLS system nationally for a few years. About the biggest project I’ve ever been involved with. If we get a hold of it, the REALTORs will be coming to NACHI members for leads… instead of the way it is now.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

I'll happily second that vote (when you're awake enough to be your normal silly self!)

--
Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors