Realtor Trade show

Originally Posted By: nelliot
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Help! I have decided to buy a 10x10 space at the local Association of Realtors on Tuesday 9-23-03 because they do not have a home inspector signed up. Do any of you have suggestions for tradeshow material? Should I feed them info along with my business cards? There are 120 exibitors expected and about 2000 spectators for this one day event. I will run out of business cards at about 300 people. Should I hand out flyers? Any additional tips are greatly appreciated !! icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

9/23 ?? that’s in a couple days. If you could have given me a little time I would have come myself for the day. The next time you do a trade show let me know and at very least… I’ll build you a big NACHI banner.

I'm assuming that if your doing trade shows, you need to schedule more inspections.

Anyway, don't waste a day hoping someone comes up to your booth. If I was there, and I'd love to be, I'd stand in front of the booth shaking hands, passing out business cards, and most importantly asking for cards (REALTORs always carry cards).

The few days following the show you should send out a form letter "I enjoyed meeting you at the trade show last..." to everyone you got a card from.

Then a few days later (after they've had 2 contacts from you...one at the show, and one by mail) I'd call them. ASK THEM FOR A HOME INSPECTION. "Hi this is Noel, we met at the REALTOR trade show, I was hoping you could make sure I'm on your short list of inspectors, do you need any inspections done this week?"

Nick

Nick,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I wish I could have given you more time I only learned about the show Thursday during an email campaign. I have not formally comitted to the trade show as of this moment. It is my understanding that the target consumer is the Realtor but the show is open to the public.

I have a binder that contains many articles that I have found on this website and on the web and I also carry a sample report. However, I don’t have anything with my logo. The show theme is the Olympics and I am in a unique position having carried a torch in the days leading up to the last games. I have some memorabilia (a torch).

There is the SAHBA (Southern Arizona Home Builders) Home Show Oct 17-19. I will get more info for you.

Did you check out the binder at http://www.nachi.org/binder.htm ?

Some useful ideas there.

Nick

I have most of the info but not the binder. To late for that now. I have a view binder with my logo on front nothing on the spine.

Nick Tip: at http://www.nachi.org/binder.htm

Its a killer.

Nick

Good info, I will keep it in mind.

Its kind of sneaky, but I don’t see any harm in it. Why throw out good information.

Nick