Hey fellow Inspectors!
I received a call today from a competitive inspection company asking if I would be open to a discussion of subcontracting to him to perform inspections on a 1099 basis. I have questions.
- What is y’alls opinion on this?
- What kind of compensation would be reasonable for me to ask for/require?
- Who’s liability/E&O would this fall under?
- If I up-sell the client on additional services, should I be able to retain 100% of the fees associated?
- If presented with a situation where I schedule one of these sub-contracted jobs, but then one of my own customers calls in with a full priced offer at the same time, how should this be handled?
Thanks for this and any other suggestions you might have for me. Looking forward to hearing back from you.