Recommendations Needed

Originally Posted By: bwieczorek
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This pertains primarily to Illinois Inspectors but all suggustions are welcome. Because of illness I have another inspector scheduled to do my inspections for 6 months (only the inspection I will create the reports) I need recommendations for the fee I should fairly pay him. I’m sure some of you have probably paid a licensed inspector when you have had. to much work. He will covered under my E&O ect.

As a percentage of the total fee what is appropiate? As an example if I charge $250 Is 35% or about $90 to much to little. HELP.

Originally Posted By: lschmid

I would talk to him and see what he thinks is fair. If you both are happy, it is a win-win situation for both of you. He is really helping you out and you want him to be happy and do a good job for you. Your reputation is on the line.

Larry Schmid

First Choice Home Inspection,Inc.

South Carolina Chapter President

www.1stchoicehomeinspection.com

A SAFE HOME IS A HAPPY HOME

Originally Posted By: rhinck

I do some inspections for a fellow inspector that goes to Florida for 2 months in the winter. I dictate my inspections and his cousin types the report. I get $100 of the $250 he charges. It works for both of us.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

lschmid wrote:
I would talk to him and see what he thinks is fair. If you both are happy, it is a win-win situation for both of you. He is really helping you out and you want him to be happy and do a good job for you. Your reputation is on the line.

This is good advice.

I would also say to reverse the situation and ask yourself what would you want to be paid if the shoe were on the other foot?

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

40% is about right.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Hope he takes good notes!

John asked the right question. How much would you want. If you pay him enough that he is happy to do it, you will be happy he is doing it!