Report writing may change forever

The only thing that will change report writing for me is a system that can convert voice recordings to text without errors and time consuming tweaking.

The clients want a list of whats wrong with a house, pictures and video will NOT show many issues. I hope you guy’s are not doing purely visual inspections. I find anywhere from 15 to 40 issues per house that would not show up in any picture.

Thats why I use Active Words which I have discussed many times here on the forum.
It has just upgraded as the developer is trying to work out deals with tablet makers .
Now it has a pop up inkpad that allows handwriting to open up programs.
This new software would be a great addition to a regular report if you provide a link.

So far it would be a good compliment to high end reports with lots of detail.

Very neat tool Bob. Thanks for posting.

Just did the following synth of a tankless water heater installation I just did in my house. It’s not perfect (not all photos became part of the merged image), but probably could be with more photos and practice. The ability to zoom in for detail is fantastic.

http://photosynth.net/edit.aspx?cid=c9f053fe-6f15-4d60-bdea-3b05ce717519

I’ll probably include this as a companion to an article I’m going to publish regarding the conversion from a 50 gallon electric water heater to a tankless gas unit. Wish I had a before synth to go with it.

I can think of plenty of uses for these.

The icing on the cake would be the ability to embed them into our own websites.

True, but I imagine the pages might load slow and SEO would not be helped much.

Very nice technology but I’m all set with this system being utilized as part of my HI reporting.

Way too time consuming. One room would require many photos in order for this to work clearly.

Good Luck to all that use this program. I’ve got inspections to perform.

Do not be so closed minded David.
I am sure checklist guys with no pictures in the report said the same thing 10 years ago.

Surprised you have that attitude when you are pushing thermal.

It is all good and one needs to look into all avenues or tools that may benefit us in the future.

It is easier to just let others do the foot work though ,so I see where you are coming from,however there are many that enjoy finding something new and different along with ways to utilize unique techniques.

Home Inspection can be fun because of the constant learning and education,which is why I posted this URL.

Can it be used ?
I do not know. :slight_smile:

What does Thermal IR inspections have to do with this particular technology?

David

If you do not know ,I will just drop it.

Happy Inspecting.

I’d be curious if this technology can be used with IR images? Or is there technology to do Virtual Tours with IR? Now that would be cool.

I see no reason why not if you mix in the pictures during upload.
You could have the large magnification shot as IR.

Just one of the many different ways to convey images out there which are available.

Jeff I had some shots that i could not squeese in to one frame last week showing structure in an attic and this would be great for that application.
Later on I will throw them in here to give an example.

You guys have way too much time on your hands…

Crabby old man has no use for anything new.:mad:
(how much time you spending being mad about this thread):mad::roll:

I’m missing something. We’re all working hard to condense our reports and get smaller more professional reports VERSUS these huge bemouths of 45-60 pages that our clients tell us are so overwhelming they didn’t know what was important or not. How will this make our reports smaller.

Report is small it’s on a disk, I don’t know who is complaining, I can’t get them to read the summary.

Already exists.

Have fun and good luck.:twisted:

I’m far from being a crabby old man. Maybe your conceited.

I’m very happily married to a beautiful lady that is 10 years younger than I (the nights are totally awesome), I have two beautiful children who are returning this week-end) from a 2 month vacation (in the Caribbeans), I get plenty of inspection work, and my bank gets deposits on a weekly basis. What more can anyone ask for. I’m far from being crabby and I’m always very happy and content with my life and I thank GOD everyday.

The home inspection concept is pretty simple. We are all home inspectors who are hired by R/E consumers to point out visible defects throughout their prospective home. And that’s exactly what I do. I walk them through their chosen home and talk my A5S off until the home inspection is complete. I then finalize their home inspection report and hand it to them.

My point being (Regarding this synth software)…Buyers who call me are looking for a thorough home inspection. They are not interested in getting a total 3-D picture of the exterior walls and every last room in the house. If they are, they are asking the wrong person. I want to be in and out of a home inspection and onto the next home buyer. Not snapping hundreds of photos of the inside and outside of a home and then taking these pictures to a website and uploading hundreds of useless pictures that have nothing to do with why they hired you in the first place.

If this is what you want to do, then you go right ahead and amaze yourself in this type of work. I’ve got things to do, places to go to and a family to bring places.

Good luck with you new technology and I hope this works for you.

So you gave up thermal ???:smiley:

David the above is a quote that sounds smug to me.

I am self confident to be sure but where does your comment come from as I am not bragging about the women I date or pushing my religion on you ,
I am not here bragging about vacation trips or all the concerts I have been to,so where do your last comments come from other than some kind of rage that G-D may not approve of?

Buddy all I did was post something for members to examine rather than keep to my self.

It is called sharing!

I am happy for you that you have a wonderful wife and kids but not sure where these strange comments spawn from.

Perhaps I could mention that Thermal imaging takes extra time and is not required in the SOP but that would be detracting from the thread subject which you seem intent on doing.

By the way do you add photos or illustrations in your reports?
Do you quote sources?
Do you ever look up codes?

Many things we do can be called a waste of time.(Happy Inspecting):neutral: