Reporting Software 2020

Hello everyone. I know this topic has been addressed but i see that the latest post is a couple of years old. Computer technology changes a lot over a couple of years so I think it is time to see if there are any significant changes in opinion.

For overall performance, what is a good inspection software to use?

What to consider when Choosing inspection software and links to 10 inspection software programs.

1 Like

I switched from Home Hub Zone to Home Inspector Tech. I am very impressed. I can completely finish most reports on my phone at the house. It actually saves me money because I don’t need docusign anymore and I can easily send out marketing campaigns with the inspection software. If your looking for new software definetly check it out.

Huh, I’ve never heard of Home Inspector Tech software…maybe it is a newer software.

Yes, I’m not sure how long its been around for. Its technically still in the making. Any suggestions you have the owner will typically make it happen. He is a home inspector and has a several inspector business I believe.

Nathan Fairchild started Home Inspector Tech in 2018 and launched last year. I had started a custom template for it but hit a speedbump and haven’t yet gotten round to completing it.
I know Nathan has put a lot of time, energy, and money into it.

1 Like

There’s only one in my opinion. And that’s Home inspector Pro. Easy to use it makes great looking reports.

2 Likes

I’m still happy with Inspector Nexus. The guy that started it is a member here as well. They are pretty good about responding to any concerns or issues.

2 Likes

I agree with Mr. Lewis! :wink: Decent program, great report design options, easy to create templates for inspections and/or other services you may offer, easy to batch add/edit
photos/captions/etc, great support from Dom and the crew! It comes preloaded with some templates as well.

1 Like

This link was very helpful. Thank you

It used to be that when you looked for software that’s all you found, but now more software companies are offering ancillary products and services like website design and hosting, and different levels of business services.

This means that the process becomes more challenging because it’s tough enough to choose what works well for you by test driving various software, meaning that you have to actually learn to used them to some degree to understand how they work and what they can do, but you may need to decide early on whether you want to go mobile, multi-inspector, what kind of device/operating system you’ll use, etc.

It’s another reason to attend chapter meetings, do ride-alongs, or find some other way to have experienced inspectors show you what they use and find out how they like it. It can really simplify the choosing process. It’s often not easy to find someone close to home because no one wants to train their competition.

1 Like

Knowing Jeff, I would use Inspector Nexus, too, if I wasn’t retired.

2 Likes