Reporting stuructaral repairs to basement walls

Does anyone have any good templates on reporting on preexisting structural repairs to basement poured concrete walls. The walls were stabilized with metal post.

You just wrote your narrative in your question.


Can you post pictures?


Ernest Davis Home King Inspection 888-399-2311

A repair like that requires an engineer design/approval. The comment should defer to the design/approval paper work and if none available defer to a structural engineer to ensure the fix was properly executed.

1 Like

I agree with, Simon. Also, we cannot see how they are attached at the top or bottom. Nor do we know the outside force that is causing the inward push on the wall. So, a structural engineer or his stamped paperwork is required to assess that defect. IMHO

1 Like