Rescon

Originally Posted By: ftingle
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has anyone ever heard of or done business with this company? They’re a mold/IAQ inspection company and they hire people as independents for mold inspections. If what they tell me is true they pay at least $200 per for about 45 minutes to 1.5 hours work taking mold samples. Sounds too good to be true to me.

They’re based in Sacramento and they’re hiring in So Cal where I am. Don’t know about other states. Web site is www.rescon.cc.

If I find out they’re legit maybe I’ll do that while I start my insp biz. If you have any info I would appreciate it.

Fred

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

Fred,

The link is bad. I tried a google sirch, but did not find Rescon doing Mold.

Rob Z.

www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Fred,

I looked into them and even called them and spoke several times. After I was done I was even more skeptical than the beginning. In Texas we are licensed and they were not even aware of that. They tried to claim that performing inspections for them I would not need a license. They even claimed to be going gang busters in the Austin and Houston areas. I could find no evidence of them in either area.

They require you to take a course from another organization to be certified before they will hire you. After checking out the supposed unrelated company I could not even find any information on that organization. Of course the required course work was not expensive, several hundred dollars, it was enough to make a nice piece of change if a number of people signed on.

Another item I did not care for was the excessive amount of personal information they demanded to evaluate you for employment without even offering you any sub work. You had to offer up more than enough personal information to put a serious crimp in your personal life.

Every angle I checked on them just lead to dead ends with no history or information. I went to every association WEB site dealing with the line of work they were in and no record of them. No record from the BBB nor any other third party source.

Are they legitimate?? Don't know but if I can't find anything on the company it is either a start-up or a scam to make money from the required "Certification".

If you find out anything useful please let me know. I'm always looking for filler work.

Good Luck!

Emmanuel Scanlan

Emmanuel, thanks for the heads up and the info. I’m glad I posted my question. Fred

Robert, I linked to them this AM but I tried a minute ago and nothing doing. I tried Google Local and again nothing doing. And to think I almost sent them some money…

Fred