Resignation effective May 7th, 2006

John, meeting you in Orlando was an opportunity to see how much of your own spirit you infused into your position, and dedication to NACHI’s members.
I certainly respect you for that!

Russ

Welcome back John, I hope you enjoyed your short retirement.

John,

I wish I had the opportunity to meet you in person as many others have been able to do. I admire what you’ve done during your tenure and understand your frustration. Best of luck and God speed.

John,

I find it hard to believe that you are stepping down from this well deserved position. You have done so much for NACHI and it’s Members within the past year. I remember last years Convention where you (and several others) were literally running around every day trying to keep things well coordinated to prevent mass confusion. When the events & seminars were taking place, you were there pointing fingers. Fantastic job.

Ya know…I can’t recall how many times I’ve heard past Members and leadership react with the same judgements that you have just brought up. Changes within the structure of this organization are imminent and hopefully someday the responsible individuals (they know who they are) will admit this fault and come up with a viable solution.

Thank you for everything you’ve done for us, John.

Nick says…

Please expand…

:frowning: We NEED you

John,

I have to say, I stand along side of William Decker. You knew what it was all about. You and I have had our conversations and differances. But you know that this organization is ran by one person, you told me that yourself.
The only way to change this is the membership steps up and takes control.
We complain how other organizations are done but we have a more serious problem—> No Voice!
NACHI is a great organization but it has to allow the entire membership to start having a voice in the leadership. Not appionted as they are. This would eliminate the dictatorship and control.
Fustration is a good thing because it is like an autraviolet light. It illuminates the hidden problems. WE as members need to request or demand re-organization of leadership. Everyone should have a voice!
John, remember I asked you. How did you get into the Executive Director position? You said, I was appointed by one person! The same with the President and all the other officers. Let us as members start wanting a voice.
Let’s bring change to make this organization a better one!

Rick

John, there is no doubt you have made leaps and bounds for the members of NACHI over the past year. You made my job at NACHI easier, yet ten times as busy, too. :wink: I know that stepping down, John, does not mean stepping away from NACHI and the members. We look forward to seeing you at the SummerFest in Toronto, John!

Best of Luck to you John!

surfsigns@excite.com
www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

Sorry to hear about this,:frowning:
Best wishes to you in what ever you decide to do. Good luck to you John.

John, Thanks for calling me when I was elected to the MAB. As you know I have also resigned form the MAB, and we both wished each other good luck in the MAB thread.

Funny how Nick still misses the point even when you resign. Nick to my best understanding has never understood the volunteers to NACHI.

I don’t want to direct this thread to anti NACHi talk, so I wish you again the best and thanks for trying to support us. I’m sure so much was done that no one here as a clue about. When is the book coming out? I have a good title to the book…

NACHI…The vender driven Association run by people that don’t inspect homes.

:twisted: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

With regard to Chuck’s misstatement about NACHI being “vendor driven by people that don’t inspect homes” and Brian’s repeating of the misstatement, I can assure everyone reading this that this is 100% false. John is not a vendor. Why it matters that he is not currently inspecting homes escapes me. NAHI’s ED doesn’t inspect homes. ASHI’s ED doesn’t inspect homes. What does it matter that John, our ED, doesn’t inspect homes???

I don’t inspect homes either, I simply enjoy being here.

I wasn’t talking about John Bowman…

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your time with all of us at NACHI. You have always conducted yourself in a professional manner. It was a pleasure seeing you in Orlando. I wish you only the best in your future endeavors.

Thank-you everyone for the kind words.

I’m humbled to say the least.

In my last few months as ED, Nick has asked me to clear up my schedule so that I can attend any and all of your chapter meetings that I can. It was also agreed that I would continue working on legislative projects that I am involved in. I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you at these chapter meetings. You name the subject and I will prepare a talk on it.

• Want to know my opinions on the future of HI’s.
  • Want to know more about the NACHI programs.
  • Want an indepth introduction to the NACHI Benefits.
  • Want to discuss your state legislation.
  • Want to discuss joint marketing of your companies as a chapter.
    *]Want to discuss educational opportunities.
    Again, you name the subject and I will talk about it. E-mail me at john.bowman@nachi.org with a Cc to fastreply@nachi.org and we will do everything that we can to fit you in the schedule. Warning…Nick and I never speak at the same meetings. Please allow ample time for promotion.